• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Letter 44 Oni

600 posts in this topic

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/31/charles-soules-letter-44-in-talks-to-be-a-network-tv-series/

This comic is off the radar for now as the buzz has cooled, but I expect once more publicity comes, the price will pick back up. Good time to grab these up IMHO.

Says the guy with 20 copies. lol

Subtlety is a lost art. lol

at a $1 /book I imagine we all have 20 copies...

At $1, I honestly thought I'd missed the first print and this was one of those $1 reprint shindigs. I have 1(ONE) copy.

My LCS is a Phantom shop, so I'm sitting on a few of those.

Would trade someone for the normal cover, if interested.

Any updates on pilot, etc? I was able to pick up 20 copies for $1.00 each...very excited! This book seems to have great support.

I inquired to the artist about some OA a month ago. He said he is not selling it at the moment "since there are solid tv show rumors"

I'm guessing some sort of 24 meets X-Files.

That right there should tell you something.

I haven't seen a $1 first issue anywhere in months now. Heck they printed 20K didn't they? They cant have all disappeared. Somebody gotta be sitting on a hoard.

If the show does take off they will sell well. I just sold a Strain 1 $1 copy for $55.

Any updates on pilot, etc? I was able to pick up 20 copies for $1.00 each...very excited! This book seems to have great support.

I inquired to the artist about some OA a month ago. He said he is not selling it at the moment "since there are solid tv show rumors"

I'm guessing some sort of 24 meets X-Files.

That right there should tell you something.

I haven't seen a $1 first issue anywhere in months now. Heck they printed 20K didn't they? They cant have all disappeared. Somebody gotta be sitting on a hoard.

If the show does take off they will sell well. I just sold a Strain 1 $1 copy for $55.

Probably concentrated, I found 5 (and 2 #1 variants) in a back-issue bin a few weeks back.

on the tuesday before the book came out it was selling for $3.

So yeah, "someone", ordered the entire print run through Diamond at there discount of 40% off before Diamond was out of stock on DOA.

I only had 50 ordered for me, so I'm not sure where the rest went.

It's a miracle, I actually found a #4 in the state of Colorado!

Not sure what the numbers are, but I get the impression that the print runs have dropped quite a bit.

Pat

Letter 44 1 $1.00 Oni 17,889

Letter 44 2 $3.99 Oni 8,352

Letter 44 3 $3.99 Oni 7,926

4 should be telling

I think its pretty typical. fastballspecial made the point that #6 is usually a good point to compare going forward. I tend to agree with this.

So what should we look for come issue 6 as a good omen? A stabilization?

Not sure what the numbers are, but I get the impression that the print runs have dropped quite a bit.

Pat

4 should be telling

I agree its either going to stabilize the book a little more or continue to drop. Seeing that I sold a SDCC copy in a few days of listing it for a BIN price I would think that demand is still there somewhat.(Again I admit I like the book a lot.)

The numbers are somewhat skewed due to the first issue being $1.00. As more and more books continue to try this it should give us a better idea of its effect on sales. Currently the Strain and Letter 44 are the only books that have done this for sales. I think its a brilliant idea as all my local and regional shops sold out even when ordering decent.

Pat

4 should be telling

I agree its either going to stabilize the book a little more or continue to drop. Seeing that I sold a SDCC copy in a few days of listing it for a BIN price I would think that demand is still there somewhat.(Again I admit I like the book a lot.)

The numbers are somewhat skewed due to the first issue being $1.00. As more and more books continue to try this it should give us a better idea of its effect on sales. Currently the Strain and Letter 44 are the only books that have done this for sales. I think its a brilliant idea as all my local and regional shops sold out even when ordering decent.

Making me wonder if there are even more copies of #1 out with there 2nd cover and the seemingly endless supply of b&w variants Oni was selling on their website. They printed a lot of these and sold them for a $1 to get the word out on a solid book. Seems like a great move to me...

I hope this picks up steam. Soule is pure awesome and has quickly elevated to one of my favorite writers up there with Hickman, Kirkman, Bunn, and Vaughn. Not to mention Oni deserves all the positive sales they can get.

All of the books Oni puts out are fantastic.

I think it will. Its a well written book and I think it was a smart move to start with the $1 issue and the SDCC had a lot of steam right out of the gates. Every issue adds to the overall story and we only have a week to go for #5.

Cover for #5 spoiler

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Letter+44+%235_1313219

Alien metal things are a little strange but I am still intrigued by this book. This is one of those books where, even at a monthly pace, it is easy to follow along. I always remember where the story left off. :applause: