• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What will happen if I...

21 posts in this topic

...try and gently rip this out of my ASM #413 (1996) and make myself a refreshing drink. hm

A. Devalue the comic and get a 1.8 Incomplete from CGC

B. Get food poisoning and spend the night on the toilet

C. Make a big mess as I spastically spill all the powder contents over me, the comics, and the floor

D. A and B

...But if I leave it in and send it for a press and submit to CGC modern fast track?

A. It will leave a square imprint on the pages and cover and get an "Improper pressing" label

B. It will end up making a big Kool-Aid stain and oozing out of the book and get Apparent A Color Touch restored grade

C. The presser will end up getting food poisoning and end up on the toilet all night

D. The CGC pre-screeners and graders will end up getting food poisoning and be on the toilet all day backing up fast tracks for a month

E. Get rejected and sent home by either the presser or the 9.8 pre-screen graders and end up just making some Kool-Aid with it anyway. :cloud9:

IMAG1662_zpse5030c03.jpg

IMAG1665_zps7e029a97.jpg

IMAG1663_zpscb4079e5.jpg

Anyone know how many other copies of ASM or moderns came with these cool Kool-Aid packets?

...But if I leave it in and send it for a press and submit to CGC modern fast track?

F) The cellophane package will melt.

:gossip: In that case, I would quietly disassemble, press and reassemble.

:idea:

"Leave it on press, depress depress, llama taboot taboot"

It is THAT easy for some of you to get a song stuck in my head. THAT easy... Dammit

...try and gently rip this out of my ASM #413 (1996) and make myself a refreshing drink. hm

A. Devalue the comic and get a 1.8 Incomplete from CGC

B. Get food poisoning and spend the night on the toilet

C. Make a big mess as I spastically spill all the powder contents over me, the comics, and the floor

D. A and B

As someone just getting over 9 days of food poisoning, I'm not risking it. :eek:

:gossip: In that case, I would quietly disassemble, press and reassemble.

:idea:

"Leave it on press, depress depress, llama taboot taboot"

It is THAT easy for some of you to get a song stuck in my head. THAT easy... Dammit

Phish :cloud9:

I was just listening to that song about a month ago. It's like Larry Carlton/Primus fusion.

lol

Why would you press an ASM 413?

Slabbed 9.8s are selling for just over $20 on eBay .

Next question: Why would you slab an ASM 413?

:)

$(KGrHqNHJEIFGNW75bn0BRqM-B3P8w~~60_57.JPG

Well since Shellhead decided to show and tell I guess I'll show mine. I decided not to drink the proverbial Kool-Aid and sent it in to CGC (metaphorically I did by slabbing it). Just got it back from CGC after a complex press and and prescreen 9.8 on modern walkthrough 30 min ago. I had Steve Borock personally deliver to my door.

And lookie here...oh what is that! Mine has the Kool-Aid inside noted on the label NYAH-NYAH!!! :banana:

IMAG1666_zps83144bbf.jpg

29a14b76-de5f-41bf-a263-20eca70687c1_zpsc217e845.jpg

Nah just in with ya. I bought this one off Cheetah here on the boards. I can't recall if he said it was pressed but if it was I'm doubly impressed by the presser but also tempted to crack it open and get at that yummy Kool-Aid. Anyone wanna come over with some vodka? :idea:

You guys are a bunch of party poopers. I thought the question was rhetorical.

DING DING DING!!!! ^^

Yes just brightened up my day when I saw the packet of Kool-Aid and thought it was cute and funny that they included these but that it was also still there after all these years. Thought it might bring some levity here and maybe spawn some silly posts and meme's which it did and were funny. I got it at my LCS. I guess I know of a good source of vitamin C to locate post-apocalypse, I'll be raiding my moderns here and at other LCS's. Gnight