• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How on earth can I list this Xmen 100?????

50 posts in this topic

You definitely have to put "CGC IT" in the title. Refer to it as mint, never been read, still in plastic wrapper. Of course you'll need a small grainy pic of the comic in an old yellow bag with no backing board. In fact, make it a mirror selfie pic of you holding the bag, in your underwear if possible. Mention that the tape is still on the bag, then photograph the tape, with dog hair and carpet caught in it. Make them wonder if that's dog hair at all or something worse. Asking price of $99,999.

I would probably list it like this:

"Uncanny X-Men 100, featuring Professor Sex and his mighty cyclops! Trust me angel, this things a beast! It's a real marvel, girl! Um...er...iceman!

WOW! Cgc it!"

Its a decent copy, I'd say lower mid grade, I wouldnt even mind if I'd listed it as low grade.. but it does have some marks on it.. Look closely.. I mean.. CLOSELY

when you see it

Now how on earth am I supposed to list this book????

Serious replies only (for once?)

List it as having a partial sketch cover

Ah the cockn' balls pedigree. I'm surprised we don't see more of the one-eyed monster art prominently on more covers. I've seen a VF/NM ASM129 with a big dingus on Punisher's face.

This always reminds me of being back in elementary school. Each new school year most of the boys in my class would get in early and snicker and crack open our "new" books for the year to the first blank page to see which of us would inherit the fruits of the previous year's owner's artistic talents. Invariably there'd be at least one of us who would be greeted by a prominent rendition of male genitalia more or less anatomically correct with pubic hair. Occasionally one of us would swap it with one of the girls books while they weren't looking and eventually a loud shriek and "ew" would come from them when the teacher asked us to open our books causing the whole class to erupt in laughter and jokes. At the end of the year, one of us would be sure to carry forth the tradition and add a new piece of art to the first or last blank page of an untainted book for the next class to inherit.

List as is. I bet most male comic book artists first drawings were of cocknballs.

Its a decent copy, I'd say lower mid grade, I wouldnt even mind if I'd listed it as low grade.. but it does have some marks on it.. Look closely.. I mean.. CLOSELY

when you see it

Now how on earth am I supposed to list this book????

Serious replies only (for once?)

What you do is buy 1000 or so Marvel superhero books of similar grade spanning a few years on either end of this book.

Draw the same thing on every book in an appropriate area. Then say you found an original owner collection that has a characteristic cover marking and submit it for a pedigree.