• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who IS at the top of the SS priority list?

82 posts in this topic

I just made a comment in comic general that Lynda Carter should be at the top of somebody's priority SS list because there seems to be a lot of people out there that would love to have a book signed by her.

So sure, that's just one person and a celebrity at that, which not everyone tries to collect, so who IS at the top of the priority list? Creators we are afraid will pass on in the near future? Recluse comic artists? Celebrities that don't make appearances at conventions? Just curious who everyone is after and why.

I just made a comment in comic general that Lynda Carter should be at the top of somebody's priority SS list because there seems to be a lot of people out there that would love to have a book signed by her.

So sure, that's just one person and a celebrity at that, which not everyone tries to collect, so who IS at the top of the priority list? Creators we are afraid will pass on in the near future? Recluse comic artists? Celebrities that don't make appearances at conventions? Just curious who everyone is after and why.

Anyone that has made contributions to the artform that I don't have = #1 for me. I was more excited about Marty Pasko, Elliott S Maggin and Denys Cowan than you can imagine.

Media folks (actors, directors etc) that have been involved projects that came from comics or were adapted to comics =#2

Other celebrities = #3 I have finally succumbed to using magazines without being too bummed out.

i've gone from mags to SS photo's myself if comic not available.

Duchovny was my white whale but no more.

Would like to get the following:

Timothy Olyphant

Charlie Hunnam

Matt Smith

Karen Gillen

Kit Harrington

Michael C. Hall

Alan Moore (along with Dave Gibbons) on a Green Lantern 188

alas Mogo doesn't socialize...

and John Byrne on Green Lantern Annual 03 (Tales of the GLC)

that is all.

Seriously doubt I'll get Moore, no way Im getting Byrne unless there's one already out there that I can score.

:sorry:

(no celeb interest at all)

1. Murphy Anderson (I've got a low grade B&B 28 begging for his imprint...though I don't know if he does shows anymore)

2. Boris Vallejo (looove his covers, don't own one yet, so he's up there for me)

3. Doug Moench & Don Perlin (Moon Knight) (any advice on how to get that done would be much appreciated)

4. Todd McFarlane (seems like you can only get him about once per year, so I usually save up for that)

5. Star Wars cast

yeah buddy Darkwhawk FTW

Mike Manley :cloud9:

I'm getting Danny Fingeroth on a Darkhawk at WWCh.

I'm loading up for the bright sunny day when Fingeroth and Manley both sign at NYCC, should that ever occur.

Alan Moore on a Killing Joke would be mine - I've already got Bolland on them - but I'm pretty sure it can never happen :(

They are out there I sold one last year.

Yeah - I know they exist - but way beyond what I can afford for a single book

For me its Captain America Sketches on Fallen Son Blanks by Artists I havent had the chance of getting (big surprise here)

I used to have a top ten list in my signature back with the artists I have been looking to get. Even though I have been collecting these for 6+ years the following artists have eluded me. Any help with these would be awesome

My Top 10 Wants

#1 Alex Ross

#2 John Byrne (I can dream right?)

#3 Arthur Adams

#4 Marc Silvestri

#5 Brian Hitch

#6 John Cassiday

#7 Michael Turner (there are a few out there)

#8 Joe Simon (have one but not on a Fallen Son)

#9 Sam Keith

#10 Jae Lee

For me its Captain America Sketches on Fallen Son Blanks by Artists I havent had the chance of getting (big surprise here)

I used to have a top ten list in my signature back with the artists I have been looking to get. Even though I have been collecting these for 6+ years the following artists have eluded me. Any help with these would be awesome

My Top 10 Wants

#1 Alex Ross

#2 John Byrne (I can dream right?)

#3 Arthur Adams

#4 Marc Silvestri

#5 Brian Hitch

#6 John Cassiday

#7 Michael Turner (there are a few out there)

#8 Joe Simon (have one but not on a Fallen Son)

#9 Sam Keith

#10 Jae Lee

I've run into Art Adams a few times. I've only been like 5 cons in my life, all in different cities, all in the last 4 years. He's been scheduled at 2 of them where I got stuff signed, ran into him once at a con where he wasn't scheduled, and ran into him once at the an airport about a week after one of the cons when I was traveling for business! Can't remember the price for sketches (I just bought prints), but it looked like was doing them no prob for the people at the cons, and he had no bad issue with CGC or anything. His booths weren't quite as popular as I'd thought they'd be, but his art and prints for sale were by far the most impressive stuff I saw at the shows. I regret not buying more. He almost tempted me to get into OA.

Although I'm not sure if he has some type of West Coast Bias as I've only seen on that side of the country.

Alan Moore (along with Dave Gibbons) on a Green Lantern 188

alas Mogo doesn't socialize...

and John Byrne on Green Lantern Annual 03 (Tales of the GLC)

that is all.

Seriously doubt I'll get Moore, no way Im getting Byrne unless there's one already out there that I can score.

:sorry:

(no celeb interest at all)

John Byrne didn't sign a Green Lantern Annual 3 during the signing in 2004 that qualified for SS :sorry:

Based on what my collection consists of Adams, Wrightson and Cardy are always considered priorities since books by them are my main focus. One guy that I'd love to get would be Jay Scott Pike who did a significant amount of DC Romance in the SA & BA. He's still around and does commission work (pin-ups and such) but I've never seen him on the guest list for any shows.