• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who IS at the top of the SS priority list?

82 posts in this topic

For me its Captain America Sketches on Fallen Son Blanks by Artists I havent had the chance of getting (big surprise here)

I used to have a top ten list in my signature back with the artists I have been looking to get. Even though I have been collecting these for 6+ years the following artists have eluded me. Any help with these would be awesome

My Top 10 Wants

#1 Alex Ross

#2 John Byrne (I can dream right?)

#3 Arthur Adams

#4 Marc Silvestri

#5 Brian Hitch

#6 John Cassiday

#7 Michael Turner (there are a few out there)

#8 Joe Simon (have one but not on a Fallen Son)

#9 Sam Keith

#10 Jae Lee

I've run into Art Adams a few times. I've only been like 5 cons in my life, all in different cities, all in the last 4 years. He's been scheduled at 2 of them where I got stuff signed, ran into him once at a con where he wasn't scheduled, and ran into him once at the an airport about a week after one of the cons when I was traveling for business! Can't remember the price for sketches (I just bought prints), but it looked like was doing them no prob for the people at the cons, and he had no bad issue with CGC or anything. His booths weren't quite as popular as I'd thought they'd be, but his art and prints for sale were by far the most impressive stuff I saw at the shows. I regret not buying more. He almost tempted me to get into OA.

Although I'm not sure if he has some type of West Coast Bias as I've only seen on that side of the country.

Yeah, mainly Wonder Con and SDCC.

His sketch list at SDCC was filled instantly.

Nice guy. Laid back. Cool with CGC.

I've gotten numerous books signed by him over the years.

I only own one piece of his OA, but I love it:

Picture%201.png

I just made a comment in comic general that Lynda Carter should be at the top of somebody's priority SS list because there seems to be a lot of people out there that would love to have a book signed by her.

So sure, that's just one person and a celebrity at that, which not everyone tries to collect, so who IS at the top of the priority list? Creators we are afraid will pass on in the near future? Recluse comic artists? Celebrities that don't make appearances at conventions? Just curious who everyone is after and why.

Already tried Carter. Response was "not interested in a signing at this time"

I'm more into celebrity books, but am cutting back a lot. People I couldn't turn down would be; Hugo Weaving on a Red Skull comic, Keneth Branagh on a Thor comic, Robert Downey Jr on an Iron Man comic, Jeff Bridges on an Iron Man comic, Signorney Weaver on an Alien comic! And then there would be the total unlikely list who would be top; Arnie, Pacino, Stephen King, Kurt Russell etc. I'd love a Bryan Cranston and Michael C. Hall, and a dual XFiles would have recently been on my list but recently got a hold of one. I'd still like a Frazetta book for my collection and there are a few sketches from artists that I'd love but in all, i think I've intentionally made an impossible mental list of things to obtain so I don't spend so much! lol

I just made a comment in comic general that Lynda Carter should be at the top of somebody's priority SS list because there seems to be a lot of people out there that would love to have a book signed by her.

So sure, that's just one person and a celebrity at that, which not everyone tries to collect, so who IS at the top of the priority list? Creators we are afraid will pass on in the near future? Recluse comic artists? Celebrities that don't make appearances at conventions? Just curious who everyone is after and why.

Already tried Carter. Response was "not interested in a signing at this time"

You really aren't making my day go any better... sigh :sorry:

I'm more into celebrity books, but am cutting back a lot. People I couldn't turn down would be; Hugo Weaving on a Red Skull comic, Keneth Branagh on a Thor comic, Robert Downey Jr on an Iron Man comic, Jeff Bridges on an Iron Man comic, Signorney Weaver on an Alien comic! And then there would be the total unlikely list who would be top; Arnie, Pacino, Stephen King, Kurt Russell etc. I'd love a Bryan Cranston and Michael C. Hall, and a dual XFiles would have recently been on my list but recently got a hold of one. I'd still like a Frazetta book for my collection and there are a few sketches from artists that I'd love but in all, i think I've intentionally made an impossible mental list of things to obtain so I don't spend so much! lol

This one might not work....it's got names on it besides Weaver. :sorry:

Aliens1CACast002_zps93610f06.jpg

This one might not work....it's got names on it besides Weaver. :sorry:

Aliens1CACast002_zps93610f06.jpg

That is a pretty wicked one!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sigourney-Weaver-Autographed-CGC-SS-Aliens-1-9-8-Daylight-Version-Cover-Comic-/141010568780?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20d4e2864c

Honestly, I am not too fond of these covers. Part of the fun would be to get her to sign my dream book. They're still cool though!

Is that like your 'dream journal'?

My wants are probably a lot different than most.

Creators:

Steve Purcell - look at my avatar

Katsuhiro Otomo - he cancelled going to SDCC last year... :(

Masamune Shirow - I love Ghost in the Shell

As for celebrities:

Harrison Ford on a Star Wars or Blade Runner book

A cast signed Heroes book (Hopefully Dynamite has some good covers for their comic sequel)