• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling to Mile High Comics...opinions?

52 posts in this topic

$20,000 for a NM Amazing Fantasy #15???? What planet is he living on? I know the air is thin in Denver but is it so thin as to cause Brain Damage??? An 8.0 recently sold for $71,000 how on earth is a NM worth $20,000?

Not to mention that he'd buy a Fine copy and convince the seller that it was VG, then sell it as NM.

$20,000 for a NM Amazing Fantasy #15???? What planet is he living on? I know the air is thin in Denver but is it so thin as to cause Brain Damage??? An 8.0 recently sold for $71,000 how on earth is a NM worth $20,000?

Not to mention that he'd buy a Fine copy and convince the seller that it was VG, then sell it as NM.

Yep.

I actually was going to respond to the question, "Have you ever seen a MH NM". In the real world, an MH AF15 would be worth about 20K. Maybe.

I've never dealt with them but I'd think you would do a lot better selling them yourself with only a bit of work. There are so many big dealers on the For Sale forums that one will probably pay more than Mile High with half the stress and issues. I'm curious what books you have that they are all on his want list - must be some good stuff.

Those are his buying prices. Not what he is gonna sell them for.

Chuck and MCS buy a lot of stuff no one else wants or will buy. For low value books, they are a great source to sell to.

While MH might have lowball numbers for AF 15, they may be the only buyer who will pay you for some of the drek thats out there.

I have bought books here from the forum and flipped them to MCs the day they arrived, making a decent profit. I'm not talking about auctions, I'm talking direct sales.

Thanks for the opinions everyone! The biggest "problem" that I have with the comics I want to sell is most are Pence Price Variants. I have some high grade books but most are mid-to-low.

I think I'll try to sell the higher-value ones here first, then MCS gets the mid-priced ones, and the drek can go to MH. :)

Thanks!

James

Are there any other large dealers other than Mile High or MCS that will buy drek or other books that nobody else wants?

+1 I would like to unload several high grade back issues!

You can look up the issues you have on our web site to see if we're currently buying it, and how much we'll pay:

mycomicshop buying site

If you have higher-valued books, or stuff like CGC 9.8s where our web site doesn't show a buying price, you can either submit them to us through our web site, and we'll reply with an offer before you ship the books, or you can PM me and I'll make you an offer or help you out.

Conan

Are there any other large dealers other than Mile High or MCS that will buy drek or other books that nobody else wants?

+1 I would like to unload several high grade back issues!

You can look up the issues you have on our web site to see if we're currently buying it, and how much we'll pay:

mycomicshop buying site

If you have higher-valued books, or stuff like CGC 9.8s where our web site doesn't show a buying price, you can either submit them to us through our web site, and we'll reply with an offer before you ship the books, or you can PM me and I'll make you an offer or help you out.

Conan

Hi! I have some Pence/UK Variants which aren't listed on your site. What would be best to do som I can submit them for you to consider buying them?

Thanks!

James

I like Pence if they are Silver Age books - send me a PM with issue #s.

My only experience with selling to MH was back in the 1980s. They had an extremely long list of rules that you had to follow perfectly, or they kept your books and ran.

They kept my books and ran. Never got any payment.

My only experience with selling to MH was back in the 1980s. They had an extremely long list of rules that you had to follow perfectly, or they kept your books and ran.

And this is why one day, someone is going to run up to Chuck at a con and punch him square in the baby maker.

And this is why one day, someone is going to run up to Chuck at a con and punch him square in the baby maker.

:lol: I think one of their rules was they would not communicate with you if you made a mistake, too. :lol:

Surely someone around here has there old, or current, submission rules. I don't imagine they have changed much.