• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling to Mile High Comics...opinions?

52 posts in this topic

Payment is prompt, but I'd check out mycomicshop.com first. Their prices are often better. MCS will also give a shipping rebate that will help pay some of the shipping cost. MCS also will give more in credit if you don't need the cash.

Dont do it! They pay peanuts..... Their are better options out there I think? Some people say mycomicsshop isn't to bad? I dont have much experience with this but im telling you I have seen the prices for books MH pays.... its pennies on the dollar from what I saw! 2c

Dont do it! They pay peanuts..... Their are better options out there I think? Some people say mycomicsshop isn't to bad? I dont have much experience with this but im telling you I have seen the prices for books MH pays.... its pennies on the dollar from what I saw! 2c

Pay you a penny and list it for $5?

Hi all! I'm looking to sell some books and almost all of them are on Mile High's buying list. Are they good to sell to? Is payment prompt and hassle free? Any advice?

Thanks!

James

Biggest waste of my time, though this was a few years back.

- Chuck originally got involved, which led to the many delays to meet.

- Then wanted the prices on key Silver Age books to be "low enough to make it worth a meeting" three months after stating they wanted the books.

- Then Chuck was flying around the country buying up store backstock from multiple locations, and needed a few months to regroup.

All that, and I lived 32 miles away from their warehouse. I dealt with another large reseller, and within one month we had everything locked down, purchased, and money in hand.

Pay you a penny and list it for $5?

Sell for $10, then give you a 50% discount code.

I'm curious - how does the selling process work? You pack up your books and ship them in? Do they grade them all then decide if they are going to buy? Or do they grade them all and give you an offer for you to accept/decline?

I'm curious - how does the selling process work? You pack up your books and ship them in? Do they grade them all then decide if they are going to buy? Or do they grade them all and give you an offer for you to accept/decline?

Most of the time in Chuck's case, they will grade and then send the offer for you to accept/decline.

Too bad MH doesn't explain the process on their website. :makepoint:

(thumbs u

But that would involve giving Chuck the honor of getting more website hits. :insane:

If you can't look through the list of Chuck's buying prices and decide if you should sell to him or not, then you deserve to sell to him.

James: if you have some books worth over $100 you can always try consignment at Mycomicshop. If they are less expensive books like a $1-$5 each, you don't have to sell them all to one dealer. If mcs pays more, sell them those books, on the ones they don't then I might give milehigh a chance (probably not as the amount mh pays is next to nothing). There is also a selling forum here.

$20,000 for a NM Amazing Fantasy #15???? What planet is he living on? I know the air is thin in Denver but is it so thin as to cause Brain Damage??? An 8.0 recently sold for $71,000 how on earth is a NM worth $20,000?