• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay help - received damaged comic (ASM 129)

111 posts in this topic

I sent him this in response... "Actually it's the seller's responsibility to make sure the item is properly shipped and protected during transit. I'm thinking I want a refund, I'll open a claim if I need to."

Careful how you word your e-mails to him, otherwise e-bay will take it as you threatening or blackmailing him.

Yeah. You need to take a class on people skills.

Did you happen to see how he responded to my original message? If he would have been apologetic and said he would work with me I wouldn't have worded it the way I did.

I sent him this in response... "Actually it's the seller's responsibility to make sure the item is properly shipped and protected during transit. I'm thinking I want a refund, I'll open a claim if I need to."

Careful how you word your e-mails to him, otherwise e-bay will take it as you threatening or blackmailing him.

Yeah. You need to take a class on people skills.

Did you happen to see how he responded to my original message? If he would have been apologetic and said he would work with me I wouldn't have worded it the way I did.

Yeah, I saw his response to you. I'm just telling you that when you send a seller an e-mail that reads

E-bay sometimes takes it as a threat against the seller.

I would have to agree with the sellers VG assessment. That stain on the back will prob bring you to the 5.0-6.0 range

T2eC16ZzoE9s5ngNEvBR9upQS5hQ60_12.jpg

Agreed, the stains on the back and front spine will bring the grade of this books down quite a bit - a VG at best for me.

Seller's feedback is revealing. A complaint that figures were packaged poorly and he replied along the lines of 'I package them all this way'.

I'll scan it and post it to see what you guys think.

I'm not trying to be a but when a seller won't even work with you its very frustrating. There is no excuse to send that book or any book as poorly as he did.

Ultimately, this should not be about looking for the seller to "make it right". Did he package the book poorly? Absolutely. Was his response to you lacking of empathy and devoid of customer service? Absolutely. These are two things that make me note the seller and NEVER buy from him again.

You already have your options of automatically engage the return policy (this would be my choice) and get your money back or keep the book. If he's smart he insured it through ebay's insurance. They're a lot easier to deal with than the USPS.

As my grandfather would have said "mess or get off the pot." Send it back OR keep the book and leave appropriate feedback. Don't look for him to do something to make you keep it.

Again I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or not. If I do I won't push for a partial refund, I'll keep it and leave the appropriate feedback. I only brought it up because sometimes sellers offer a partial refund to avoid having to deal with a returned item.

Tough crowd here. You expected the book in a certain condition as pictured; it arrived (being generous) slightly worse due to poor packing. I don't think asking for a token partial refund is out of line. (shrug)

Tough crowd here. You expected the book in a certain condition; it arrived (being generous) slightly worse due to poor packing. I don't think asking for a token partial refund is out of line.

(shrug)

:gossip: