• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay help - received damaged comic (ASM 129)

111 posts in this topic

I haven't had too many issues with Ebay until I received a comic I bought today. It is a raw ASM 129 in VG condition. It arrived today, shipped in a bubble mailer between 2 thin pieces of cardboard. Here is how it looked when I opened it:

20130801_120233_zpse29446c9.jpg

20130801_120519_zps43276637.jpg

20130801_120314_zps48d774a6.jpg

I messaged the seller the following:

"Hello I received this comic today and it arrived damaged. Not sure what you would like to do in this situation. I attached pics so you can see how it arrived. Thanks"

This was the seller's (mdivb10) response:

"well the book is insured so u will have to file a insurance claim. I bubble wrapped it and everytbing and inside a bubble mailer so its not my fault but still that really sucks"

I know I should open a claim and I'm probably going to do that tonight. I think I still want the book and may try to get a partial refund if possible. Just posting this to see what you guys think. Thanks!

7 Negs and 8 Neutrals in 12 months. Can't really be surprised by the response right? What did you pay? Was the price good, and does the book still meet the VG grade? Is it worth pressing?

If you aren't happy, open a claim and request a full refund. Don't around with the partial refund nonsense. Keep it or send it back for a refund, or try to work out the insurance route with USPS.

Here is the listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370865296115?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Bought it for $130 because it thought it looked better than VG.

If it's better than VG, get it pressed, leave it raw and move on. Looks better than VG to me! Seller could have packed it better, but he could have packed it worse, too.

NVM on the price I found the auction. His listing has a 14 day money back return policy. Tell him you're sending it back, get your $130 bucks, and let him deal with the USPS insurance claim.

Tech is right on, he purchased the postage with insurance so that part is his responsibility. Send it back, get your refund and let him deal with the headache of the Rhode-Scholars that work at the Postal Service.

If you plan on keeping the book I think its a move to ask for a partial refund.

return it or don't complain. 2c

+1

Not sure what I want to do yet. I'm probably going to open a claim and see how he responds.

NVM on the price I found the auction. His listing has a 14 day money back return policy. Tell him you're sending it back, get your $130 bucks, and let him deal with the USPS insurance claim.

Tech is right on, he purchased the postage with insurance so that part is his responsibility. Send it back, get your refund and let him deal with the headache of the Rhode-Scholars that work at the Postal Service.

The PO won't give him doodly squat because it wasn't packaged well enough to withstand reasonable handling.

I sent him this in response... "Actually it's the seller's responsibility to make sure the item is properly shipped and protected during transit. I'm thinking I want a refund, I'll open a claim if I need to."

+1

Not sure what I want to do yet. I'm probably going to open a claim and see how he responds.

I think that is a bad idea.

You bought a book advertised at VG.

With the damage is the book less than VG?

If you received a book in VG or better condition you should just return for refund or keep the book. By asking for a partial refund you're being an ebay . I'd make you return the item if I was the seller. 2c

I sent him this in response... "Actually it's the seller's responsibility to make sure the item is properly shipped and protected during transit. I'm thinking I want a refund, I'll open a claim if I need to."

Careful how you word your e-mails to him, otherwise e-bay will take it as you threatening or blackmailing him.

+1

I think that is a bad idea.

You bought a book advertised at VG.

With the damage is the book less than VG?

If you received a book in VG or better condition you should just return for refund or keep the book. By asking for a partial refund you're being an ebay . I'd make you return the item if I was the seller. 2c

He said it himself, he thought it would be better than a VG. He was hoping to come out ahead here and seems mad that he got a comic in the grade it was advertised in, even with the shipping damage.

Careful how you word your e-mails to him, otherwise e-bay will take it as you threatening or blackmailing him.

Yeah. You need to take a class on people skills.