• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IM55 9.8 sells for $9k

50 posts in this topic

Also in light of this sale, should I grab the other 9.8 White pages that is listed with a new label for $4,200 and try to use the new GPA record to make a quick 2-3 grand?

GPA record most likely ... :applause:

Link

Won't be a GPA record, because it won't show in GPA.

Isn't this the second time this copy has sold on Comiclink for a ridiculous amount ? There was a thread about it before if someone can find it.

GPA high is $4,100, but this copy has smashed that record (twice).

The current scan doesn't look as good as I remember, but in the previous scan it looked like the perfect IM #55.

Link

Isn't this the second time this copy has sold on Comiclink for a ridiculous amount ? There was a thread about it before if someone can find it.

The current scan doesn't look as good as I remember, but in the previous scan it looked like the perfect IM #55.

Looks like the same copy that was initially priced at $12K but sold at ComicLink for $6,500 last year.

Link

Looks like the same copy that was initially priced at $12K but sold at ComicLink for $6,500 last year.

Good! I got a 9.8 White pages coming back from CGC.

:whee:

That Clink is one of the best centred high grade copies I've seen though. Probably why someone decided they wanted to pay top dollar for it.

Link

Thanks Greggy, I'm glad someone round here follows the market. :P

It was actually higher than $12k initially, closer to $14k.

This copy's like the 9.9 of IM #55's. I'm not sure this sale will have any bearing on everyone else's crappy 9.8's. :jokealert:

My mind is blown. I just sold an 8.5 for way more than I paid for it six years ago. I hope whomever bought the 9.8 for $9,000 wants to keep it, because he won't be getting his money back.

I posted a perfectly centered GSX #1 and a perfectly centered Cap #109, which are more significant comics in my mind. No one else seems to care, though, because my bids have been so far. Why the love for Iron Man #55, anyway? I don't get it.

I posted a perfectly centered GSX #1 and a perfectly centered Cap #109, which are more significant comics in my mind. No one else seems to mind, though, because my bids have been so far. Why the love for Iron Man #55, anyway? I don't get it.

IM #55 is one of the toughest books to find well centred.

GSX #1 is also pretty tough to find perfect though.

Both are victims of poor 1970's production.