• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Re: CGC Case Indentations....

49 posts in this topic

I appreciate the update also but to say

However, what we need to understand is that this does not affect the book in any way we have seen.

-Paul

well physically, maybe so.

But what about aesthetically > presentation.

How does it look to collectors whose eyes go straight to one microscopic spine tic or even mid to high grade collectors like myself who care a lot about presentation/ eye appeal. I would never knowingly buy a slab with this unsightly defect.

+1

This is the big issue. Is CGC willing to correct all of these slabs on them?

8D374549-1514-4CB9-BD31-89882DFD54BA-164-000000083903BE5E_zps4d194db0.jpg[/url]

This thread really needs to be up next to the Pressing thread. The irony writes itself.

Can you imagine that the pressing thread still gets pages and pages of posts and QC issues like this get glossed over.

That comic is going to be next to impossible to sell when the time comes. Look at that back indent. I just can't see how something that looks so warped can't affect the comic in some way.

I'm pretty unhappy with CGC right now that they refuse to re-slab these comics. I have about 10 with this very issue (all on the back) and all came from them this year.

Tom473: What can be done for my books that already have the defect.

CGC: Nothing, because the defect does not impact your books themselves

Welcome to the black and white world of CGC. For those who have never had the displeasure of dealing with this stifling "because we say so" attitude, there you have it.

I suppose this "because we say so" attitude even trumps the laws of gravity, as I would beg to differ on their assertion of the defect not impacting the comics.

Lay the book flat, down on the side where the malformed barex well lies, and you'll likely not only have a static cling effect from the barex to the cover wrap, but the weight of the book and gravity will eventually fill that cavity, or sag over the extruded area.

Of course, with the assist from CCS, it's a problem that might easily be ironed out. I suppose all it might take is that one or two customers that are smoosh adverse to change their "can't do no wrong" stance.