• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

******SPOILERS****** Avengers #502 *****SPOILERS******

84 posts in this topic

Maybe this is what Marvel is going to do to all their characters that can't support their own series beyond 8 issues? Could She-Hulk, Gambit, Rogue, or dare I say Jubilee be taking the dirt nap next?

In that case, most of the Marvel Universe may be doomed to die.

Its official I hate Bendis even more (if that was possible). Hawkeye is as cool as it gets, one of the first Avengers, and I just don't know what to say right now. Once I read through my copy I'm going to email Marvel and suggest that they send this goof back to DC where he belongs. So what is the point of the whole Thor arc? Talk about a bunch of hype and nothing but a big let down. When I read the article in the Avengers #500 DC, I actually thoguht for a second that maybe he is a comic fan and from the sounds of it appreciated the very same stories I loved as a kid but to kill off a guy that has no super powers and as popular as Hawk is just brutal. Let me guess, they are going to bring him back with super powers so that his character has some staying power over time. makepoint.gif

Once I read through my copy I'm going to email Marvel and suggest that they send this goof back to DC where he belongs.

You had to drag DC into this somehow 27_laughing.gif

To be honest, I don't think BMB has ever done work for DC. He did a ton of indy stuff back in the day, some stuff for Image (Spawn maybe?) and now writes half of Marvel's line.

By the way, make sure to let Marvel know that it's okay if Bendis still writes Daredevil and Pulse since they're on my pull list.

Yeah but isn't Wanda sleeping with Cap in the other Disemboweled storylines? CaptainAmerica/Falcon title I think.

Misdirection to distract Cap.

Why would she create all this conflagaration?

Find out next month.

How does the Kree fit into all this? Why do the Kree use jetpacks straight out of Minority Report?

They fit into this like Jack of Hearts returning from the dead in 500 only to blow up. Or the Vision suddenly leading an assault of Ultrons on Avengers Mansion. Or Tony Stark suddenly getting drunk in front of the UN. Or She-Hulk suddenly going mad and becoming a mindless savage.

And all of that bs with Fury's people not seeing the Kree on their monitors... they weren't really there to begin with.

Dr. Strange has already told us the attacks are being orchestrated by a magic user and personally I can't think of many Avengers enemies that are magicians unless Dormammu or Baron Mordo or the Enchantress (she's busy in Thor) have launched these attacks... which would be unlike them, they don't care about the Avengers per se. It could be Loki (since he caused the creation of the team it would be natural to have him cause it's destruction), but didn't he just get beheaded in Thor? Maybe it's Morgan Le Fey but that seems like a stretch.

Personally, I think the Witch's absence speaks volumes. The look on Cap's face says it all. This is not the work of a foe, but a supposed friend.

I guess what really irks me about this whole Avengers: Disemboweled is that none of the crossover titles seem to match what is going on in the main Avengers title.

Perfect example: Spectacular Spider-man #18 is a Disemboweled story. Well in this issue Spider-man actually is turning into a real spider. So now in Avengers #502 he's normal looking?

I guess what really irks me about this whole Avengers: Disemboweled is that none of the crossover titles seem to match what is going on in the main Avengers title.

Perfect example: Spectacular Spider-man #18 is a Disemboweled story. Well in this issue Spider-man actually is turning into a real spider. So now in Avengers #502 he's normal looking?

He was only a spider in Spectacular..

not even in his other books did he look the same

and since they never found a body who says Hawkeye is dead?

Bendis did at least one story for DC, a throwaway bit in one of the Batman Chronicle issues years ago. I've read it, it wasn't particularly memorable.

Something I did not know.

Still that's certainly not enough to warrant dragging DC into this discussion 27_laughing.gif

Aren't we all missing the bigger point here?

WHERE'S THE BEEF???

Sure, it didn't matter that Colossus was supposedly cremated, and sure Phoenix incinerates herself in a final act of noble sacrifice every 10th issue over in Uncanny...

But where was Hawkeye's body?!?! Someone suggests getting him out... and then what? They got distracted?

We should start a betting pool on his return date.

True! But then DC bashing seems to be the default S.S. M.O. yeahok.gif

Yes, it's a trend I've noticed 27_laughing.gif

Just to clarify. I just found his comments building up to this storyline and the Thor situation to be so arrogant that he was almost relishing the fact that most Marvel fans were up in arms with this whole relaunch bs. Makes me wonder who's payroll he is on sometimes. I haven't bashed DC in months and I even recently bought my first DC comic in years just to see what all the hype was about. To be honest I didn't think much of it and it just reminded me of the same stuff I read as a kid.

I haven't bashed DC in months and I even recently bought my first DC comic in years just to see what all the hype was about. To be honest I didn't think much of it and it just reminded me of the same stuff I read as a kid.

Which one?

How does the Kree fit into all this? Why do the Kree use jetpacks straight out of Minority Report?

They fit into this like Jack of Hearts returning from the dead in 500 only to blow up. Or the Vision suddenly leading an assault of Ultrons on Avengers Mansion. Or Tony Stark suddenly getting drunk in front of the UN. Or She-Hulk suddenly going mad and becoming a mindless savage.

I thought they explained that pretty logically in 501. Ultron might have implanted those Ultron-bots (they sure weren't as powerful as the real deal) into Vision and programed them to attack whenever the Avengers hit the "Code White".

Seems nice and devious to me. devil.gif

I thought they explained that pretty logically in 501. Ultron might have implanted those Ultron-bots (they sure weren't as powerful as the real deal) into Vision and programed them to attack whenever the Avengers hit the "Code White".

Seems nice and devious to me.

Hey Paul, the Code White idea was devious, but my point is that it is all coincidence (that is, improbable) that these events have all happened on this one particular day. And there's only one character associated with the Avengers who has any control over probability fields.

From the marveldirectory.com

Known superhuman powers: The Scarlet Witch possesses the mutant power of affecting probability fields. By a combination of gestures and mental concentration, she creates a hex-sphere, a finite pocket of reality-disrupting quasi-psionic force, which upon reaching its intended target, causes disturbance in the molecular-level probability field surrounding the target. Thus, unlikely phenomena will occur. Among the many phenomena she is able to cause are: the sudden melting of gun barrels, the spontaneous combustion of any flammable object, the rapid rust or decay of various organic and inorganic materials, the poltergeist-like deflection of an object in flight, the sudden evacuation of air from a given volume, the disruption of energy transmissions and fields, and so on. These phenomena occur practically instantaneously after the completion of her hex. Her range of hex-casting is limited by her line of sight. (She cannot watch a live television broadcast and cause a hex-phenomenon to occur at its point of origin.)

Scarlet Witch's hex-casting ability still has a 20% unreliability factor. Her sorcerous training has not given her a set of powers separate from her mutant abilities, but only honed her control over her existing abilities. She has, however, a special affinity for the natural elements and materials that true witches utilize in their spells: the four alchemical elements, wood, organic substances, etc. The reliability factor of her hex-casting ability is also limited by her physical condition: when well rested, in good health, and mentally and emotionally alert, Scarlet Witch can cast numerous hex-spheres in rapid succession and attain desirable results for almost an hour.

Contrary to certain accounts, the Scarlet Witch cannot levitate, shoot magical energy concussive blasts, or transmute elements.

I'm suggesting that she has expanded her powers to the level that she has created a massive hex-sphere around Avengers Mansion and causing a series of improbable events to occur within (which is why Shield couldn't see the Kree ships - they didn't exist outside of the sphere). The only event to occur outside of the radius of the mansion is what happened to Tony Stark at the UN, which would not have been hard to cause if you were able to get close to him before he left.

Maybe this is what Marvel is going to do to all their characters that can't support their own series beyond 8 issues? Could She-Hulk, Gambit, Rogue, or dare I say Jubilee be taking the dirt nap next?

I hope She Hulk doesn't bite it, her ongoing is one of my favorite books right now.

Mine too. cloud9.gif