• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have a chance to buy back something I once sold, first time for me.

24 posts in this topic

I was looking over some auction previews and listings and saw one of the hundreds of things I have sold in the past. But very few of those sold items are truly missed...and this is one of them.

Anyone got any good stories of art returning to the collection? I hope to have one soon!

(I should never have sold that Sienkiewicz watercolor of the woman swimming either. Anyone got that one?)

I was looking over some auction previews and listings and saw one of the hundreds of things I have sold in the past. But very few of those sold items are truly missed...and this is one of them.

Anyone got any good stories of art returning to the collection? I hope to have one soon!

(I should never have sold that Sienkiewicz watercolor of the woman swimming either. Anyone got that one?)

Heh, something similar happened but not what you expect. I once sold something, bought it back for less (very bad ebay listing from the person who bought it the first time), then sold it again for more!

Malvin

I've only re-purchased one piece of art.

I owned a DPS of an issue I really wanted to put back together. Trouble was another collector really wanted to put the book back together IN HIS COLLECTION. I finally agreed to sell him the DPS I had since he had a lot more of the issue than I did. Part of the deal for me to sell him the DPS was that if he ever sold it he had to offer it to me first. A couple of years ago he decided to not continue the search for the missing pages and sold the DPS back to me and the other pages he had from the issue. He gave me a good deal on the other pages, but charged me way over market value for the DPS(I bought it back for exactly what I sold it for).

Maybe I shouldn't have charged him way over market value when I sold it to him :tonofbricks:

If anyone has any pages from LUCIFER 33, please let me know :wishluck:

Other than that I have not repurchased any pages I previously owned. Their are pages that I might have a bit of regret selling (can't keep everything :cry: ), but not so much that I actively look to get them back. I hope the new owner is enjoying them :foryou:

I was not actively looking for the art in question, but was very glad to see it at auction with no reserve. I also made a nice profit on the piece after holding it for a few years and although my focus has narrowed significantly, I miss it all the same and will be going strong for it.

I was not actively looking for the art in question, but was very glad to see it at auction with no reserve. I also made a nice profit on the piece after holding it for a few years and although my focus has narrowed significantly, I miss it all the same and will be going strong for it.

THere is SO MUCH art out there and we are constantly inundated with new images all of the time. I don't know about you, but I always get this weird feeling when I see a piece I used to own for sale. Scrolling through the eBay listings or new CAF updates and then, POP, there's that page that looks familiar for some reason. Oh yeah, I used to own that page. It's just an odd feeling for a n00b like me (shrug)

This one?

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=167207

THere is SO MUCH art out there and we are constantly inundated with new images all of the time. I don't know about you, but I always get this weird feeling when I see a piece I used to own for sale. Scrolling through the eBay listings or new CAF updates and then, POP, there's that page that looks familiar for some reason. Oh yeah, I used to own that page. It's just an odd feeling for a n00b like me (shrug)

I don't know, I feel like there's also about another few hundred pages that just "churn" through collectors and dealers... I feel like I see pages just cycle around dealer's sites, and others that different people are selling every 6 months to a year.

I don't know, I feel like there's also about another few hundred pages that just "churn" through collectors and dealers... I feel like I see pages just cycle around dealer's sites, and others that different people are selling every 6 months to a year.

There are those, but I'm talking about the one that you used to own. You bought it because you really liked it when you did. Then, for whatever reason, you sold it. Then out of the blue while scrolling you see it.

The "churners" are similar. You see it, and think to yourself, "That page looks familiar." Then you look at who posted it and think, "Oh, it's that guy. Selling his "grail" . . . . . . . again" :facepalm:

This one?

That's the one Mark! Want your $200 back? :/

This one?

That's the one Mark! Want your $200 back? :/

$300?

If that is all it takes, how about I send you my powerball tickets for the art!

But seriously,glad to see you still have that painting. I miss it. I like Bill's watercolors and would like to put one of his garden scenes or landscapes on my wall someday.

I was ecstatic to get this Byrne/Austin beauty back a few years ago. Owned it when I was a teen soon after it was published in the 1979 Hulk Calendar. Sold it at Comic-Con in the 90s :(

ByrneAustinHulkCalendar-WG.jpg

I was ecstatic to get this Byrne/Austin beauty back a few years ago. Owned it when I was a teen soon after it was published in the 1979 Hulk Calendar. Sold it at Comic-Con in the 90s :(

ByrneAustinHulkCalendar-WG.jpg

That's a beauty! Wanna sell? :jokealert: