• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 11 : Contest

124 posts in this topic

ok, let's nip this in the bud before we get into another bunch of BS.

you want specific questions answered - ask Nikos.

and FFB - it's a TIME-OUT for you buddy!!! i'll let you know when you can come out of the corner.............. grin.gif

and FFB - it's a TIME-OUT for you buddy!!! i'll let you know when you can come out of the corner.............. grin.gif

So, I'm going to be ignored? confused-smiley-013.gif

Rather, the stated RULES are once again going to be ignored and changed mid-stream?

I am not trying to instigate something (OK... well maybe... poke2.gif), but fluid rules don't exactly engender confidence in this gentlemen's diversion...

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Rather, the stated RULES are once again going to be ignored and changed mid-stream?

I am not trying to instigate something (OK... well maybe... poke2.gif), but fluid rules don't exactly engender confidence in this gentlemen's diversion...

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

i'm sure you have a very valid point but i cannot remember Nikos sharing any Q&A's with the entire contest group, while i'll willing to bet that there have been many PM questions asked and answered.

i guess either way would be ok - just thought that it would be the path of least resistance to follow what has happened so far.

let's let Nikos tell us what his intent is going forward and just accept his decision.............. hail.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

i'm sure you have a very valid point but i cannot remember Nikos sharing any Q&A's with the entire contest group, while i'll willing to bet that there have been many PM questions asked and answered.

Which is why I suggested tossing out the rounds played since we clearly have a rules violation...

I really don't want to be causing trouble, but I get tired of people agreeing to one thing then backing out saying that's not what I meant or that wasn't an important rule/promise ( sign-offtopic.gifsign-rantpost.gif: like my city's mayor who said his promise to lower taxes wasn't important... unlike the promise to provide a new city pool screwy.gif).

If continuity is good enough for comics, it should be good enough for us.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Althought there have been a few good retcons...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

You've GOT to be kidding.

You follow this

Which is why I suggested tossing out the rounds played since we clearly have a rules violation...
with this:

I really don't want to be causing trouble, but

Give it a rest!

You follow this

with this:

Give it a rest!

Why? devil.gif

FFB essentially (unless I really misconstrued) said that it seems a bit screwy.gif that only one person/team should be privy to details...

AND

I specifically asked about such an eventuality BEFORE the contest even started and was assured that it wouldn't happen...

Since I don't follow sports, I imagine that changes of rules happen all of the time midseason and events are not replayed.

Fine. flowerred.gif

Can we at least get an official clarification on what does happen when someone asks a question, where it can be asked, and whether all teams are privy to the answers?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You follow this

with this:

Give it a rest!

Why? devil.gif

FFB essentially (unless I really misconstrued) said that it seems a bit screwy.gif that only one person/team should be privy to details...

AND

I specifically asked about such an eventuality BEFORE the contest even started and was assured that it wouldn't happen...

Since I don't follow sports, I imagine that changes of rules happen all of the time midseason and events are not replayed.

Fine. flowerred.gif

Can we at least get an official clarification on what does happen when someone asks a question, where it can be asked, and whether all teams are privy to the answers?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not official, but back in round 2 when I was assistant captain I sent a PM asking Nik if there were tanned interiors. He responded yes and posted to the board for all to share in the information. So I believe Nik is attempting to be forthright with details.

Dan

You follow this

with this:

Give it a rest!

Why? devil.gif

AND

Fine. flowerred.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Gee, where were you in Round 4 during all the heated ruling controversy, Fan?? Oh... that's right, you were arguing for an exemption to the rules.

So, rule-breaking is okay as long as it's happening in YOUR favor?

I'm just asking...

You follow this

with this:

Give it a rest!

Why? devil.gif

AND

Fine. flowerred.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Gee, where were you in Round 4 during all the heated ruling controversy, Fan?? Oh... that's right, you were arguing for an exemption to the rules.

I'm just asking...

Funny how you still manage to twist things... screwy.gif

Prior teams were warned. We were not.

Warnings have since been put back into effect.

Huh... funny that...

So, I was asking for the same treatment other teams have gotten.... not an exemption.

Just like here.

I am not trying to disrespect Nikos, but mistakes happen. In the sundry PM's he might not say something exactly the same way to each team that might ask the same question.

Or he might let something slip that he shouldn't.

Why - especially when I was assured that it wouldn't be so - should one team be given the possibility of unintended preferential treatment?

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I'm just asking...

Cut him some slack, MK. His team is tied for tenth place. You can't blame him for being a little desperate and trying to get a fresh start.

poke2.gif

The wiping of all previous rounds was a bit of the poke2.gif, and I said as much a few posts back.

However, we could use some clarification on questions... like whether the agreed upon rules are actually the ones being used or what...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And I preferred to think of our position as tied for 6th grin.gif

The wiping of all previous rounds was a bit of the poke2.gif, and I said as much a few posts back.

However, we could use some clarification on questions... like whether the agreed upon rules are actually the ones being used or what...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And I preferred to think of our position as tied for 6th grin.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif Don't play nice with me while I'm poke2.gif at you. mad.gif

flowerred.gif

You follow this

with this:

Give it a rest!

Why? devil.gif

AND

Fine. flowerred.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm just asking...

Huh... funny that...

So, I was asking for the same treatment other teams have gotten.... not an exemption.

Just like here.

I am not trying to disrespect Nikos, but mistakes happen. In the sundry PM's he might not say something exactly the same way to each team that might ask the same question.

Why - especially when I was assured that it wouldn't be so - should one team be given the possibility of unintended preferential treatment?

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

"Twist" things?? Go back to around... oh, page 7 or so of that thread and start reading.

I'm just asking...

Cut him some slack, MK. His team is tied for tenth place. You can't blame him for being a little desperate and trying to get a fresh start.

poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Wait... WE'RE tied for next-to-last place! frustrated.gif

I am not sure I follow your questioning here, but I will try to clear up what seems to be an issue?

As pretty much every start of the rounds, I always posted that if you have any questions you can PM me. If there is something you were not sure about in the scan, you could PM me. I listed graders notes for things that were not visible in the scans so every team was on the same playing field. If a team member PMed me a question I would answer as truthfully as possible, if another team member asked me the same question in a PM my answer would still be the same.

I am not playing any favorites here, if this is where this is going? Every question in the PMs were straight up answered, without any favoritism.

As members of a team, to come up with a final grade, it is your job if you see something that you're not sure about to ask, without tipping of any other team.

I hope this clears things up some, because this contest has been going pretty smooth for the last 5 rounds.

You follow this

with this:

Give it a rest!

Why? devil.gif

AND

Fine. flowerred.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm just asking...

Huh... funny that...

Just like here.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

"Twist" things?? Go back to around... oh, page 7 or so of that thread and start reading.

I did, and the only objectionable thing I can see there (twisted, like you say) was beginning to quote a Carpenters song insane.gif

What I was originally referring to being twisted was your later insinuation that I was disrepecting the judges.

I also later said that if the decision was made that we didn't meet the highly-fluid rules, then we shouldn't get any points for the round.

Why is a request for rules clarification so anathema?

Hopefully, everyone is not saving their best behavior for the boards...

I did, and the only objectionable thing I can see there (twisted, like you say) was beginning to quote a Carpenters song insane.gif

I'm on the.. top of the world, looking... down on creation, and the only explanation I can find...is the love that I found ever since you've been around...

tongue.gif

I'm on the.. top of the world, looking... down on creation, and the only explanation I can find...is the love that I found ever since you've been around...

tongue.gif

Why . . .that's . . . just . . . beautiful yeahok.gif Darth!