• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MIKE DIANA - BOILED ANGEL #1-7, SIGNED! rare explicit censored undergrounds!

15 posts in this topic

BOILED ANGEL is one of the most notorious comic series ever produced. Created by Mike Diana in 1990, the series caught the attention of a Florida prosecutor and Diana was subsequently tried and found guilty of obscenity. The sentence included a large fine, 3 years probation, jail time, and Diana was also prevented from creating art, likely the first punishment of its type in the U.S. Attempts to overturn the conviction failed. The CBLDF, Neil Gaiman, Peter David and Scott McCloud all publicly came to Diana's defense.

Here is a link to the Wiki page on Mike Diana: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Diana

These books are very, very explicit. If you think 1950s pre-code horror and crime books or 60s and 70s undergrounds are over-the-top, I don't think these books are for you! I'll say it again: super explicit. I can't provide links to Diana's website or images in this listing since they would be removed by the mods. Feel free to do a Google search or check out Diana's website.

I have a set of NM original-owner issues of Boiled Angel #1-7. Issues #1-3 are signed on the cover and #4 and #5 are signed on the inside cover. Also included is the very rare Sourball Prodigy #1, also by Mike Diana and signed on the cover.

The entire set is $625 postpaid with insurance, shipped in the U.S. with proof of age. Over age 18 only.

Here is a scan of issue #1. I can't upload any of the other covers without extensive editing due to content.

img_022_zps9d696fdb.jpg

I'm open to offers. I am also open to trade offers of GA or SA (Marvel only) books or top spicy/weird menace pulps. I'm not looking for undergrounds or modern books.

Here is a scan of issue #1. I can't upload any of the other covers without extensive editing due to content.

img_022_zps9d696fdb.jpg

I'm open to offers. I am also open to trade offers of GA or SA (Marvel only) books or top spicy/weird menace pulps. I'm not looking for undergrounds or modern books.

Books are still available. Will consider offers.

these arn't still available?

Why don't you just PM me about good stuff like this?

Come on Paul!

Hahaha! These books were available here for months :) No bites, so I had to go to eBay.

I think I have a few (maybe 3) photocopies of original art created by Diana with his handwritten prices on them. They were sent to the original owner of these books to show what was available (back when Boiled Angel was being produced). If anyone is interested, I'll take $20 postpaid to U.S. or add another $3 to Canada. PM me if you want to see a photo.

Take care,

Paul