• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ms Marvel comes alive

51 posts in this topic

The reserve is the reserve.

If I don't get what I want for it, I'm perfectly happy with it in my collection.

If you don't agree with the reserve, I'm sorry.

It is *my* book, and I can do what I want with it.

gossip.gif893applaud-thumb.gifflowerred.gif

1, 16 & 17 would, and have reached/broke $100 and then some in 9.8... of course Mystique is the reason.

foreheadslap.gif Of course, I should have made to mentioned those, especially since it's another example of collectors paying attention to the early appearances of this character. Just another bit to add to the pile for people who might just have noticed that this book exists with this auction. thumbsup2.gif

You'd think that you people would have the decency to wait until a fellow forum member's auction was over before trying to torpedo it with your doomsaying.

If you don't like the book at this price, then maybe you could at least find it within yourselves to hold off until AFTER the auction to voice your displeasure and disapproval?

Gotta disagree FFB. I don't think there is anything indecent about it.

Consumer communication is one of the market forces that any product must deal with.

First, this board is a tiny portion of the collecting community. If anyone that reads this thread is inclined to bid on this book, I doubt the doomsayers opinion holds much sway with them anyway.

Second, if this thread "torpedoes" the book, then maybe there's some truth to what's being stated... and obviously there is not a great level of confidence in the hype.

Frankly, cheerleaders who have a vested interest in seeing CGC Slab prices go to utterly insane levels dominate these forums to a great degree. It's refreshing to see a contrarian view occasionally.

That said, I hope our friend Dice makes a handsome profit.

Gotta disagree FFB. I don't think there is anything indecent about it.

Well in that case, pile on. There's room for at least ten or eleven more of you guys to tell DiceX how nuts he is for deciding that he wants a certain price before he'll part with his book, and more than enough room for a dozen more of you guys to tell me what you think about how I spend my money.

foreheadslap.gif

The reserve is the reserve.

If I don't get what I want for it, I'm perfectly happy with it in my collection.

If you don't agree with the reserve, I'm sorry.

It is *my* book, and I can do what I want with it.

gossip.gif893applaud-thumb.gifflowerred.gif

sorry for stirring up a hornet's nest..........

didn't know that it was your book or that FFB would be bidding on it at over $1000.

just was dumbstruck by the bidding when i saw it.

i know that you know everyone is rooting for you to get what you want. (and maybe even for FFB to be the winner). :

good luck 893crossfingers-thumb.gif and perhaps we'll look ahead to the day that JC returns and declares this singular event as the cause of the great crash of 2005.......:devil

BB, I'm not mad at anyone.

I understand the need to chime in when something you have no interest in sells for what seems like stupid money.

Why pick on me because of the reserve? Who cares what the reserve is?

If it gets met, I'll sell it. If not, I don't *have* to sell it.

That's my decision to make.

If I don't get what I want for it...I'm not going to sell it.

You guys can think I'm crazy, but I could care less.

Hate the player...hate the game...but don't hate me because I won't sell it for a price *you* think is fair for it.

It ain't your book.

(Yes, Mrs. Patterson...I said "ain't") sorry.gif

headbang.gif

sorry for stirring up a hornet's nest..........

didn't know that it was your book or that FFB would be bidding on it at over $1000.

just was dumbstruck by the bidding when i saw it.

Don't feel bad. Most of us would have thought (and probably done) the same thing had we seen it first.

You'd think that you people would have the decency to wait until a fellow forum member's auction was over before trying to torpedo it with your doomsaying.

If you don't like the book at this price, then maybe you could at least find it within yourselves to hold off until AFTER the auction to voice your displeasure and disapproval?

What ever happened to being able to buy something (whatever the cost) simply because "DAMMIT, I WANT IT" without 50 people telling you how stupid you are. It kinda sucks @ss that everyone is beating FFB over the head for buying something he wants.

With all that said, can we at least wait until AFTER he wins the book before we jump all over him? All in favor, say "Aye!