• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 stand outs this week...

6 posts in this topic

... of the 7 books I bought, plus 2 TPBs.

Black Widow #1 - Very good story (Morgan), so-so artwork (Sienkiewicz). For those who don't think she is a tough lady, check out the scene with the truck drivers. 893whatthe.gif

Conan #8 - Man, Busiek continues to deliver with this great story from Conan's youth. No Cary Nord art this month, but Greg Ruth's work is still top notch. thumbsup2.gif

Astonishing X-Men #5 - The scene where Wolvie, Beast and Emma first see Colossus is absolutely priceless smile.gif

... of the 7 books I bought, plus 2 TPBs.

Black Widow #1 - Very good story (Morgan), so-so artwork (Sienkiewicz). For those who don't think she is a tough lady, check out the scene with the truck drivers. 893whatthe.gif

I bought it for the Sienkiewicz art, so we'll chalk that up to "eye of the beholder." Either way it was a great read.

Astonishing X-Men #5 - The scene where Wolvie, Beast and Emma first see Colossus is absolutely priceless smile.gif

headbang.gifAn excellent bit of storytelling on Cassaday's part.

Conan #8 - Man, Busiek continues to deliver with this great story from Conan's youth. No Cary Nord art this month, but Greg Ruth's work is still top notch. thumbsup2.gif

It rocked. I really like Ruth's work, and I think "Freaks of the Heartland" is the best book nobody's reading.

i found some of the art in astonishing x-men #5 sorta sloppy....definitely not the caliber of work ive come to expect from cassaday....hopefully this doesnt become a trend

I agree. Some of the dialogue seemed EXTREMELY out-of-place, and all the characters responses seemed stilted or something. I don't know. Emma Frost is a difficult character to write, I'm thinking.