• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What up with this slab?

108 posts in this topic

A couple of them, namely the Turner sketch slab, have these fake Photoshopped slab jobs then an extra photo of the real GREEN label slab.

I don't understand what the guy is thinking by making Frankenphotos.

The only thing I can think of, outside of him being a total scammer, is that he recreated the labels to remove the serial numbers to prevent anyone from looking them up. He might not have them in hand, or might not want anyone to see how much he paid for them.

My money is on scammer though.

I thought that about the serial number too, but is that one really 9.6 condition? It looks kinda rough to me, unless that's just a reflection in the scan maybe.

I don't know. I looked at a bunch of them, in the registry and on eBay, and a lot of them look like . Those chromium covers seem to buckle a little at the spine which reflects the light in strange ways.

Oh okay. Yeah, the spine looked a little rough.

One thing's for certain. Whether he's protecting his buy-side information or is a total scammer, he's going to lose every single SNAD case that is opened against him because the book won't match the listing photos.

Just for google search purposes, the seller's eBay ID is universaloutpost_com .

This guy comes to a lot of conventions. Always has a bunch of J. Scott Campbell books and variants. I bought my Walking Dead 1 from him at C2E2. Always been decent to me at shows.

If that is the case then I would guess that he doesn't currently have them in hand.

Anyone ask him?

I know the seller, a lot of us here do. Really good guy. I think he's just photoshopping while he waits for the book to come in from CGC. Maybe he's forgetting to put the actual slab's pic up when he gets it.

I'll let him know people are talking about his listing practices so he corrects the pictures.

I know the seller, a lot of us here do. Really good guy. I think he's just photoshopping while he waits for the book to come in from CGC. Maybe he's forgetting to put the actual slab's pic up when he gets it.

I'll let him know people are talking about his listing practices so he corrects the pictures.

You're a peach. :foryou:

(thumbs u

If its somneone you know and they are doing this, I'd still be careful.

Its the latest scam going around. They are looking to rip off the ones that buy for the label and not the book. Watch out for the ones that doen't even mention CGC or grading, just show a phony picture and say the book is 9.8 grade. They get away with this scam.

A couple of them, namely the Turner sketch slab, have these fake Photoshopped slab jobs then an extra photo of the real GREEN label slab.

I don't understand what the guy is thinking by making Frankenphotos.

tumblr_m33fzqrjOQ1qhbarso1_400.gif

RxANn8c.jpg

So deception is ok as long as we know the guy.

Got it. (thumbs u

Go ahead and buy, just don't complain about the PQ or the condition of the holder when you get your order since the former isn't listed and the latter is imaginary. :)

D@mmit!! Just read everyone's response that they know him and nice guy and Beachbum's explanation... doh!

I still thought it was a chance to throw in THOC pic! (shrug)

Knowing or not knowing the guy isn't really relevant as to whether this is a good policy or a bad policy on his part.

Not showing pictures of what you are actually selling is fine, as long as that is indicated as such.

From what I have seen, that's not indicated anywhere. That's the problem with the listings as I see them and if this were a friend of mine or someone I knew well I'd be calling him now to ask him what he was thinking and how I would fix it.

So deception is ok as long as we know the guy.

Got it. (thumbs u

Go ahead and buy, just don't complain about the PQ or the condition of the holder when you get your order since the former isn't listed and the latter is imaginary. :)

+1

It is pretty ridiculous.

D@mmit!! Just read everyone's response that they know him and nice guy and Beachbum's explanation... doh!

Knowing or not knowing the guy isn't really relevant as to whether this is a good policy or a bad policy on his part.

Not showing pictures of what you are actually selling is fine, as long as that is indicated as such.

From what I have seen, that's not indicated anywhere. That's the problem with the listings as I see them and if this were a friend of mine or someone I knew well I'd be calling him now to ask him what he was thinking and how I would fix it.

Already left him a message. I'm sure he's on his way or setting up right now at WW Chicago.

Everyone feel free to walk by his booth and yell at him if that's your thing. It's easier to do it in person than on a message board.

Already left him a message. I'm sure he's on his way or setting up right now at WW Chicago.

Everyone feel free to walk by his booth and yell at him if that's your thing. It's easier to do it in person than on a message board.

Well, it's not easier to walk by the booth, but it might be a more direct way to inform him of the potential problem with the listings. lol