• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Effect of John Byrne's comments on Byrne related CGC comics

68 posts in this topic

I agree that it was stupid of him to use the words "Hispanic" and "hooker". If he had simply said "women with a darker complextion", and said "unnatural" instead of hooker, there wouldn't have been any problem. Either way, I think people are being too sensitive about it.

As to the overweight thing; With the exception of those who have some sort of cardiovascular, metabolic or thyroid disorder, there is absolutely no excuse for a young, healthy woman to be overweight. Same goes with young men. If a person does not respect themselves enough to control their food consumption, or make an effort to keep their body fit, they deserve to be made fun of. I'm sure I'm going to get flamed to hell for this, but it's honestly what I think. Those of us who are blessed with good health shouldn't take it for granted.

I agree that it was stupid of him to use the words "Hispanic" and "hooker". If he had simply said "women with a darker complextion", and said "unnatural" instead of hooker, there wouldn't have been any problem. Either way, I think people are being too sensitive about it.

As to the overweight thing; With the exception of those who have some sort of cardiovascular, metabolic or thyroid disorder, there is absolutely no excuse for a young, healthy woman to be overweight. Same goes with young men. If a person does not respect themselves enough to control their food consumption, or make an effort to keep their body fit, they deserve to be made fun of. I'm sure I'm going to get flamed to hell for this, but it's honestly what I think. Those of us who are blessed with good health shouldn't take it for granted.

Great. Now you've just offended all the fat hookers..... foreheadslap.gif