• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nick Fury #1 CGC 9.9 on Pedigree Comics

79 posts in this topic

One other DC for this thread, I forgot the dealer I bought this from had given me a scan, but then I had to reduce it to fit the size limitation here. This thread motivated me to do some scanning of some of my better DCs, so check out some of my Western Penn B&Bs and Showcases on the Pedigrees-Represent thread on the General forum.

606151-Aquaman%201a.jpg

589a8d34b87ef_606151-Aquaman1a.jpg.65d5f420ec59faef46a244cc99afb9e9.jpg

Yikes. 893whatthe.gif

I'm not much for DC's, but those are some serious books!

How many other active collectors/dealers would you estimate are out there, collecting SA DC on this level? In other words, aprox how many SA DC BSD's are you in direct competition with for these books, at any given time?

BTW, these books deserve their own thread. Placing them in the middle of a thread entitled "Nick Fury #1 CGC 9.9" may get you lynched by your DC bretheren. tongue.gif

As impressive as the price realized for this book, Doug sure took a hit on this book as apparently he paid over $11K for it initially. This book was initially listed on eBay a few years ago by Mike Grismer (sp?). In the write up, he was writing that the book was worth at least 200 times guide. The book didn't meet reserve but I talk with John Innoue (the mentor for the Ideal Collectables guys) in SD in 2003 and he advised that it eventually sold for over $11K. I can't confirm if it was sold directly to Doug but even if he traded for it, he would have had to give up appropriate trade for it. I know that it was his book because it's in his registry set.

but Greggy, losing $$ on a 'flip' is one thing, but not more than HALF??? If Doug really paid 11K for it, dont you think he would have at least asked 11K on his site? Makes no sense tonot even TRY to recoup. Perhaps he's only into it for 5K now after a few trades where he got the other 6K out already....but Id still start at what I paid for it.

Wouldnt you?

but Greggy, losing $$ on a 'flip' is one thing, but not more than HALF??? If Doug really paid 11K for it, dont you think he would have at least asked 11K on his site? Makes no sense tonot even TRY to recoup. Perhaps he's only into it for 5K now after a few trades where he got the other 6K out already....but Id still start at what I paid for it.

Wouldnt you?

Even if you had made the other 6K you still wouldn't list the book at a price like that, are we sure there weren't a few other books involved in the deal?

Wouldnt you?

Like I said, all I heard was what the buyer sold the book for. Whether it went through many deals with cash/trade or if it was sold to Doug directly, I don't know. Plus, who says that even someone with Doug's comic business acumen that he can't lose $$ on a book. It may be a 9.9 but it's still a Nick Fury 1. confused-smiley-013.gif