• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Underwater Welder OA

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if any pages from Underwater Welder have come out for sale? I've checked the two sites Lemire's work normally sells on with no luck. That was one of my favorite reads of all time and I would really love to have at least one of the pages. Hoping this thing didn't already get swept away into some collection all together.

Jeff is keeping all of the pages from Underwater Welder to give to his son. The only piece that exists outside of that is the original art to the bookplate that Steve Kriozere owns.

That's really cool. It was such a good story, a must read for every man, especially a young man.

Essex County is the only comic my girlfriend has liked.

She's gone through all the usual suspects: Watchmen, Y: The Last Man, Fables, Sandman, etc etc.

The only book she's ever enjoyed is Essex County, and compared it to Hemingway -- of all things -- in the process.

I'm a pretty huge Lemire fan.

Oh man, Solidsteeze, if you haven't read Essex County, do yourself a favour and get that book. Although I am not quite like theflashunc's girlfriend in that I have liked other books, I can safely say it is the best graphic novel I have ever read. I was lucky enough to be on the Shuster Jury the year Book 2 of the trilogy was nominated and was ready to go to the mat for it because it was up against perennial favorite Darwyn Cooke and his first Parker GN, but Lemire won unanimously. It is a very special piece of graphic fiction.