• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doug Sulipa's Comic World on Ebay

33 posts in this topic

Anyone buy from Doug before? I see some non-CGC stuff in his ebay store and was wondering how he grades? If he lists something as "Very Fine" am I going to end up with an 8.0 copy or is he a little loose on the grading and I end up with a 6.0.

Any feedback would be great. Thanks in advance.

Doug’s market reports are very in-depth and he is knowledgeable. I always wanted to buy from Doug, but his website is very confusing and difficult to navigate.

The sky could be the limit for his business if he only upgraded his website to a more user friendly program.

I understand he has a lot of inventory and it would be difficult to list them all, but he should at the very least start the process of upgrading his website. I may have to take a look at his eBay store instead. What eBay name does he go by?

Doug’s market reports are very in-depth and he is knowledgeable. I always wanted to buy from Doug, but his website is very confusing and difficult to navigate.

The sky could be the limit for his business if he only upgraded his website to a more user friendly program.

I understand he has a lot of inventory and it would be difficult to list them all, but he should at the very least start the process of upgrading his website. I may have to take a look at his eBay store instead. What eBay name does he go by?

Wow I just looked at his website. What a mess...

I've heard good things, but the website is rough, paying for scans even rougher.

I think his website is great. Control F is your friend. If you send him an email he'll give you the rundown on books you are looking for anyway. I don't really care about the scans, as his grading has proven to be accurate in my experience.

Anyone buy from Doug before? I see some non-CGC stuff in his ebay store and was wondering how he grades? If he lists something as "Very Fine" am I going to end up with an 8.0 copy or is he a little loose on the grading and I end up with a 6.0.

Any feedback would be great. Thanks in advance.

Extremely good grader, and great guy. I buy from him all the time. NM+ with white pages.

His grading is very good to my experience.

On a comic board, I would use a different descriptor if I trusted his grading :baiting:

lol

Ok, his grading is near mint with white pages.

I just thought it was funny because every time I read "very good" I think to myself "what a shame, this is going to look like "

As others have said, his grading is solid. His website on the other hand :facepalm:

I will say this, in my experience he usually gets back to you quickly if you send him an e-mail.