• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Missing Cover and Grading

29 posts in this topic

I love it when I find a decent looking book with something wrong on the back cover, that makes it very affordable and gets me a nice book for my collection.

As I am not bothered about resale, the grade is irrelevant and its a better looking comic than I could otherwise afford.

See example below ;)

Adventure247.jpg

Adventure247Backcover.jpg

Kevin I agree with you %100 percent. I find that small tears on the back of the comic are a great way to pick-up comics that you have no intention of reselling but display great. (thumbs u

Here is an even better example of a well presenting "low grade" book from my collection

JLA1.jpg

JLA1BC.jpg

I think you're being a bit too harsh, Marty. The missing chunk has taken out the "In this issue" data, but the masthead/nameplate and cover art are essentially intact, and the rest of the book looks pretty sharp. I'd feel comfortable calling this a FR (1.0).

:takeit:

I agree - especially given the nice back cover.

I think you're being a bit too harsh, Marty. The missing chunk has taken out the "In this issue" data, but the masthead/nameplate and cover art are essentially intact, and the rest of the book looks pretty sharp. I'd feel comfortable calling this a FR (1.0).

(thumbs u I think this is definitely a 1.0

Thanks for your comments...any idea what the value of a book in this condition

might be?

mm

might be?

mm

Probably in the 40 dollar range. Metropolis has a 2.0 on their website for 74 dollars. Just my 2c

might be?

mm

Probably in the 40 dollar range. Metropolis has a 2.0 on their website for 74 dollars. Just my 2c

Then you think there is some value to books in this condition?

mm