• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Identity Crisis-Crazy Prices?

58 posts in this topic

Stopped in a store today to pickup Avengers 502 and saw that they had ID Crisis#1 up for $25,#2 for $10 and $3 for $5.

What are they going for where you shop?

They are doing a second print of #1 aren't they?

I haven't read any of the threads as I don't want to pickup any spoilers.Picked up 3 and 4 today elsewhere.

I just sold nearmint 1-3 for cover price confused-smiley-013.gif and those books are going out along with your tomorrow thumbsup2.gif

At the Baltimore Con, I did see some booths with Crisis 1 for $10 but most others had it at $5 and 2 and 3 were still cover ($4)

The sketch cover reprint of 1 is on the stands on Oct 13th thumbsup2.gif

Stopped in a store today to pickup Avengers 502 and saw that they had ID Crisis#1 up for $25,#2 for $10 and $3 for $5.

I haven't read any of the threads as I don't want to pickup any spoilers.Picked up 3 and 4 today elsewhere.

It seems strange that issue 1 is going for $25.00 - wasn't that the biggest selling book in the month it came out in ?? surely everyone who wanted one got it then confused-smiley-013.gif

I just sold nearmint 1-3 for cover price confused-smiley-013.gif and those books are going out along with your tomorrow thumbsup2.gif

Me too. I put 1-3 up and they only sold for combined cover price.

Meanwhile, I can't sell Origin books (other than #1) for EVEN cover price. I had a double run of 2-6 up (with one issue signed), and it didn't get an opening bid of $9.99.

That is crazy. My LCS has plenty of all 4 available for cover price. They ordered very heavily on all issues, more than most did. Maybe in a few more months, after the series is done but before the trade, it'll get into the $10 range, but I don't see any justification for $25. Not a rare book at all, and not in such demand (yet) to drive the price way up.

If that was the case,I'd guess that they wouldn't be doing a second printing.

I dunno mate, call me an old cynic but I kinda get the feeling that DC are "feeding"

the speculator market with these variant/2nd printing covers and such.

Plus how many completist's out there will buy it just because it's out there.

What it boils down to I suppose is if you want it and can afford it, what's the problem yay.gif

That is crazy. My LCS has plenty of all 4 available for cover price. They ordered very heavily on all issues, more than most did. Maybe in a few more months, after the series is done but before the trade, it'll get into the $10 range, but I don't see any justification for $25. Not a rare book at all, and not in such demand (yet) to drive the price way up.

My LCS's have plenty of the #1 as well. One of the shops has it a $10 but the rest are between cover and $5. We don't have a whole lot of over ordering around here with the exception of one shop.

It wasn't until IC# 3 came out that my LCD finnaly sold out of IC#1. I bought a stack of them because I got tired of seeing them there collecting dust. Heck didn't IC turn out to be a flop anyways? One of these days when school is out I hope I can read some of these books so I can contribute a better opinion about them 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Uhhhh.... no IC is not a flop. It's Diamond's #1 book of the month I believe... and it's probably the best story of the last 10 years and is certainly the most talked about event of this year's new comic industry.

IC was the #1 selling book for June and is one of the top selling books of the year. To be fair, it's probably tied for most talked about with "Avengers: Let's Kill 'em All and Let in Wolverine and Spider-Man" but that's mostly negative talk whereas most of the IC talk is positive (except for those people so bent out of shape by the implied rape that they've given up on the title entirely.)

(except for those people so bent out of shape by the implied rape that they've given up on the title entirely.)

read some of the letters in CBG this month foreheadslap.gifsome folks have given up on DC completely because of this and the tainting of their beloved superheroes...

(except for those people so bent out of shape by the implied rape that they've given up on the title entirely.)

read some of the letters in CBG this month foreheadslap.gifsome folks have given up on DC completely because of this and the tainting of their beloved superheroes...

It doesn't surprise me, I've seen enough evidence of this reaction online to know that it's out there. It boggles my mind screwy.gif

It doesn't surprise me, I've seen enough evidence of this reaction online to know that it's out there. It boggles my mind screwy.gif

I love when old-skool fans poop bricks over storylines they don't agree with, like it's the coming apocalypse...

I love when old-skool fans poop bricks over storylines they don't agree with, like it's the coming apocalypse...

Bah! It's the Post-Crisis-On-Infinite-Earths continuity, so it's not real anyway. makepoint.gifgrin.gif