• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raising $$ for Charity (#CBC4C)

27 posts in this topic

I'm working on a project to raise money for the American Cancer Society. I call it "Comic Book Covers For Cancer" (CBC4C), and I'm looking for local artists to help me start this project. Similar to what The Hero Initiative is doing with The Walking Dead #100 covers. Each artists would donate their work on some various blank cover comic books that I will provide. In turn, I will auction off each completed comic book with the proceeds going to the ACS. With each comic sold, I will include artist information and a certificate of authenticity.

I don't harbor any illusions about getting Walking Dead $$ from this project at first, but anything to help the cause is good.

Like Comic Book Covers 4 Cancer - #CBC4C on Facebook for information and updates.

Good luck with your event. I had one a couple months back for Children's Miracle Network. For every $5 donation the person would receive a free Robin comic book plus an autograph from Robin himself, Burt Ward. We raised over $700 in a little over 8 hours. It's a great feeling knowing our efforts helped in some way to make these kids lives a little better.

I've never drawn on a blank, and I think I'd love to give this a shot as me and my father both deal with the same cancer, my cousin's cancer has moved to her bones, another cousin's husband is suffering from brain cancer, my nephew died last year from brain cancer and Sunday my uncle passed away from cancer. We need to do all we can to end this disease. I can't promise to have much time to devote, but I'd be honored to try. My friend gives the $1 he asks for each signature and donates them to the ACS- Maybe he'll do one if you want to send 2 blanks.

I guess I'm saying count me in.

I'll participate - I just liked you on FB under the name Jason Beam, you can email me there or PM me here (I'm here more often). This sounds like a great concept!

I'll participate - I just liked you on FB under the name Jason Beam, you can email me there or PM me here (I'm here more often). This sounds like a great concept!

I don't see you under the likes for the CBC4C FB page. Just to make sure you have the correct page, here's the URL:

https://www.facebook.com/ComicBookCovers4Cancer

Thanx!

I've never drawn on a blank, and I think I'd love to give this a shot as me and my father both deal with the same cancer, my cousin's cancer has moved to her bones, another cousin's husband is suffering from brain cancer, my nephew died last year from brain cancer and Sunday my uncle passed away from cancer. We need to do all we can to end this disease. I can't promise to have much time to devote, but I'd be honored to try. My friend gives the $1 he asks for each signature and donates them to the ACS- Maybe he'll do one if you want to send 2 blanks.

I guess I'm saying count me in.

Sorry to hear about your uncle and the others who have suffered.

I've created a GoFundMe campaign to help start the process because I'm realizing that I have more artists that are willing to help that are not within reasonable driving distance, and I need inventory and other supplies.

The link to help support #CBC4C getting started is:

http://www.gofundme.com/3xwpio

Once I have enough funds to start sending blank covers to artists, then we'll truly be in business to raise some $$ for ACS.

Thank you for your support and please pass the message around. I realized that I'm not going to be able to make this happen on my current level of income.

I don't see you under the likes for the CBC4C FB page. Just to make sure you have the correct page, here's the URL:

https://www.facebook.com/ComicBookCovers4Cancer

Thanx!

hm NOt sure what happened, but I re-Liked you guys just now!