• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marketwatch 10-reasons-comic-books-are-the-best-investment

86 posts in this topic

My X-Force #1 is guaranteed to bring in the big bucks now!

You only have one? :facepalm:

I think he meant "pallet" of X-force #1.

Dibs on the ones with the Gideon and Sunspot cards. :wishluck:

There was a Star Trek Next Gen episode that showed the last known Roger Maris baseball card. So, if it's several hundreds years in the future, after a nuclear war and then recovery, there may be only one X-Force #1 left.

The only flaw in that theory is that X-Force #1, much like cockroaches, will survive a nuclear war.

The conclusion is, you're screwed. :foryou:

Dibs on the ones with the Gideon and Sunspot cards. :wishluck:

I've got enough of those to cover the walls with them, like the crazy priest's room in The Omen. (thumbs u

There was a Star Trek Next Gen episode that showed the last known Roger Maris baseball card. So, if it's several hundreds years in the future, after a nuclear war and then recovery, there may be only one X-Force #1 left.

The only flaw in that theory is that X-Force #1, much like cockroaches, will survive a nuclear war.

The conclusion is, you're screwed. :foryou:

2zjsc.jpg

"Zurzolo says comic books won’t be prone to bubbles, like, say, Beanie Babies, which were a manufactured product, because they’re not making any more and there’s still a long line of buyers."

Really? :facepalm: Nothing 'manufactured' with comics...

Has there ever been an investigative article about why Comic Investing doesn't get the oversight scrutiny of Coins or Sports Memorabilia markets? (shrug)

With so many articles touting Investment potential, you'd think the FTC or some other alphabet soup agency would eventually turn their prying-eyes and start peeling back the layers.

My dad is a huge investor. He made his fortune on the stock market. I've been telling him for years that if I was too invest serious money, it would be in comics. He always laughed at me, but in the last few years articles like this have slowly convinced him otherwise. I don't believe he puts much stock in Market watch's opinions, but the numbers don't lie.

My dad is a huge investor. He made his fortune on the stock market. I've been telling him for years that if I was too invest serious money, it would be in comics. He always laughed at me, but in the last few years articles like this have slowly convinced him otherwise. I don't believe he puts much stock in Market watch's opinions, but the numbers don't lie.

True, and he's probably wise to make up his own mind.

This interview is akin to interviewing Carl Icahn as to how he feels about Apple stock.

True, and he's probably wise to make up his own mind.

This interview is akin to interviewing Carl Icahn as to how he feels about Apple stock.

My dad and brother used to sit around back in the early 90s and debate what to invest in. My dad says he vividly remembers their discussion about investing in Apple computer back when the company was struggling. For whatever reason they chose to go the pharmaceutical drug route. In the end, it all worked out, but my dad loves to tell the story. I think he even convinced my brother investing in Apple would be a mistake.

Not that my brother did bad in his own right. He is in his mid 50s and barely works. He just sent his daughter to GW and paid a huge majority of her tuition. It didn't put a dent in his lifestyle.

I have studied many other collectable fields over these last few years. It's kind of like a fun hobby for me, and I have found key comics are best bets long-term in collectables. I stress key comics like

TMNT#1, the Golden Age Superman, Batman and Captain America comics, as well as the Marvel silver, bronze and copper keys. I would pick these up in any condition. I am not just talking these are the best bets in comics, but in all of the collectable fields. Maybe only Star Wars and rare videogame memorabilia will give them a run in the long-term.

You just can`t beat that these key comic book characters will have millions of new fans because of the movies, video games and TV shows, and they can reinvent and adapt themselves to new audiences remarkably well.