• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your go to price guide?

42 posts in this topic

I use the collector's society message board. Just make a new thread and ask for a value on a book.

You have to throw out the smarmy "tree-fiddys" that you'll get from the less-than-desirables.

Unless, of course, your book is actually worth tree-fiddy, in which case the less-than-desirables get thwarted.

All the best options, IMO, are listed:

Raw books:

- Overstreet Price Guide; combined with:

- Search Sold listings on eBay**.

Slabbed books:

- GPAnalysis.com

Queries:

- Boards.Collectors-Society.com

To search sold listings on eBay - go to eBay.com.whereeveryouareformeits"au".

Up the top next to the search field and big blue "search" button there is a smaller font-sized text-link that says "Advanced" - click that.

1prTZJW.png

Then fill in your book title and issue number, scroll down the page until you see the check box "sold" - select that and no others... click enter or press search.

0Mogi9W.png

You'll get back a listing of all books of that title and issue that have sold recently.

AoeLQMZ.png

Hope that helps!

All the best options, IMO, are listed:

Raw books:

- Overstreet Price Guide; combined with:

- Search Sold listings on eBay**.

Slabbed books:

- GPAnalysis.com

Queries:

- Boards.Collectors-Society.com

To search sold listings on eBay - go to eBay.com.whereeveryouareformeits"au".

Up the top next to the search field and big blue "search" button there is a smaller font-sized text-link that says "Advanced" - click that.

1prTZJW.png

Then fill in your book title and issue number, scroll down the page until you see the check box "sold" - select that and no others... click enter or press search.

0Mogi9W.png

You'll get back a listing of all books of that title and issue that have sold recently.

AoeLQMZ.png

Hope that helps!

How much did that first copy sell for? :makepoint:

A mix of all of the above.

My only problem with GPA is that I've screwed myself once or twice by finding "that certain book" and paying too much, and then a higher grade comes around and the seller is basing the price on what I just overpaid. A problem of my own creation, but it makes it easy to see how prices can be easily (and haphazardly) inflated.

When I want to purchase a book.I research every avenue I can.Ebay,Heritage,Clink,GPA.Then I come to a price that I feel comfortable with,then the hunt is on. (thumbs u

^^

Raw un-CGCed books. Are there any online sources that are credible?

For popular books, ebay completed auctions are the best option.

Also the HA archives.

Both are what I use for raw books. I also check Metro's site to see what they are asking.

For moderns, copper and cheaper bronze and silver I pretty much use ebay sales exclusively.

How much did that first copy sell for? :makepoint:

Less than $495.10 :baiting:

So, roughly...tree-fiddy.

Yeah. Give or take $0.00

Now you've sparked my interest... is there any way to find what the actual figure of an accepted "best offer" was?