• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best comic shops in NY, NY

17 posts in this topic

Hello, sorry if this has been posted/asked before, but could somebody tell me the best comic shop on NY NY for silver age comics? Thank you

Metropolis Comics (by appointment only) ... still the mack daddy for vintage back issues, well worth a visit if you're in town.

Midtown Comics West and Roger's Time Machine have small SA stocks, and are fun places to browse in general. Midtown has great reprint volumes too if you're into that.

Other than that, being honest, nowhere else really jumps to mind for silver age comics specifically. The majority of comic shops that were here 10-15 years ago have either closed or cut their back issue sections significantly, as it's tough to pay Manhattan rents with back issues. But tons of other stuff to do in NY, so no worries.

Hello, sorry if this has been posted/asked before, but could somebody tell me the best comic shop on NY NY for silver age comics? Thank you

Metropolis Comics (by appointment only) ... still the mack daddy for vintage back issues, well worth a visit if you're in town.

Midtown Comics West and Roger's Time Machine have small SA stocks, and are fun places to browse in general. Midtown has great reprint volumes too if you're into that.

Other than that, being honest, nowhere else really jumps to mind for silver age comics specifically. The majority of comic shops that were here 10-15 years ago have either closed or cut their back issue sections significantly, as it's tough to pay Manhattan rents with back issues. But tons of other stuff to do in NY, so no worries.

Roger's Time Machine has more Silver Age than, all three Midtown Comics combined!!! In addition he has Golden Age as well.

Rogers is cool but it's not very organized and nothing is priced. Also, don't expect to find much high grade stuff. Still, he's a cool guy and it's a fun place to just look around in.

You'd think in NYC there would be a ton of good shops, but surprisingly there just aren't.

Rogers is cool but it's not very organized and nothing is priced. Also, don't expect to find much high grade stuff. Still, he's a cool guy and it's a fun place to just look around in.

You'd think in NYC there would be a ton of good shops, but surprisingly there just aren't.

When I tell this to people that don't live here, no one believes me. Why go to Forbidden Planet or even Midtown when I can get that stuff cheaper on eBay? Just to see it? I can do that online. For people that know of the internet, Midtown is a showroom.

It's sort of like how Best Buy is Amazon's showroom.

When I tell this to people that don't live here, no one believes me. Why go to Forbidden Planet or even Midtown when I can get that stuff cheaper on eBay? Just to see it? I can do that online. For people that know of the internet, Midtown is a showroom.

It's sort of like how Best Buy is Amazon's showroom.

Midtown comics is for tourists. Fun to browse, MAYBE buy a few small things, but like you said, it's cheaper online. Which makes me sad, because I would love to support a LCS, but I have to get on a highway to get to the closest one. It's a far cry from the early 90's, when Mike's Comic Hut, Reeni's, Chameleon, Who's on First, Crazy Scondo's, and other terribly named comic book stores were seemingly on every corner in my neighborhood.

If you'd like to make an appointment to visit with us please call Brandon at 212-260-4147 ext 14. We are located in the Union square area of Manhattan. Our showroom is chock full of original art and classic movie posters. Our stockroom houses over 150,000 vintage comic books as well. Hope to see you soon.

Best,

Metro

If you'd like to make an appointment to visit me, you can just send me a PM. I have a torn 50s Superman movie poster on my wall, and my closet stocks over 8 short boxes of comics.

Best,

Speedy

:)