• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM Printing Plate on ebay

53 posts in this topic

I have acquired several printing plates and sets over the years, average price about $25 a plate. Even for a Spidey cover I believe he got the decimal place WAAAAAY wrong.

Phil Seuling used to hand these out to store owners whenever the delivery truck was late. He mostly had DC ones. I had a couple of older Adventure Legion plates, and a Claw the Unconquered splash page. I have not seen them in years, have to dig them up.

In the 1980s, these would pop up at shows for about $10-15 a pop.

I own a few of them. They're really cool.

How do you stumble across these? Luck or contacts?

Just luck. I think I might have bought them here on the boards years ago. There was a boardie selling some in the past year too IIRC.

Phil Seuling used to hand these out to store owners whenever the delivery truck was late. He mostly had DC ones. I had a couple of older Adventure Legion plates, and a Claw the Unconquered splash page. I have not seen them in years, have to dig them up.

If this is the case, how can this guy think his is worth so much? I just don't get it...

If this is the case, how can this guy think his is worth so much? I just don't get it...

Wait someone on ebay has an unreal expectation of somethings value and has put a crazy BIN price on it?

Stop the presses! :o

(see what I did there?)

Maybe he spent to much time on Craigslist and got Value -nflationitis which seems rampant over there... ;)

[key book + "one of a kind" item + key character = either actual value or very high perceived value]

We should just be thankful it wasn't an Ultron cover... he would have broken the internet with all the zeros in his listing.

:cool: I have a bunch of these myself from about the same time frame and I am pretty sure it is the real thing.

I think the item is very Cool and I would love to have an ASM plate myself and Yes his price is way out there but I bet he will eventually get a few Thousand for it if he ever sells it. 2c

I bought some of mine off ebay several years back from a seller who had like 400 of them that they had saved from the scrap heap and yes there were a few ASM ones which sold for around 1k each of corse the ones I bought were much cheaper. I also bought a few from a board member here a few years back and there are several old threads on here with pictures if anyone wants to dig them up.

I wonder if I can trade my Spiderman plate for a gold eagles or a maserati hm

spidermanplate_1.jpg

Any offers?

lol

This is one of the more over the moon asks I've seen in a long time. The listing price is bad enough. But to be asking for 100 1oz Gold Eagles probably ranks this listing in the top 3 most ridiculous ones I've ever seen.