• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drunk Ebay Purchases: BEST AND WORST?

68 posts in this topic

I mean, you can tell by my avatar that I like a pint but.....I mean WTF was I drinking this night :blush::facepalm:

Barbie1.jpg

Man, that's a selfslam. Congrats? Could you imagine being the person who's pissed off that they lost that.

::prays for a second chance offer::

Drunk me apparently likes to hit BINs for Star Wars Legos.

I never knew that about drunk me.

I've gotten three boxes this week at work, after the first one I knew what had happened and decided to not look at my purchase history and let it be a surprise.

:roflmao:

-slym

This is a brilliant yet painful thread.

Mine was not a comic. My wife and I went on a weekend trip to NYC, we had 2 bottles of wine for lunch, then we went shopping for a watch because her's broke. She was happy with a $250 watch, but in my drunken state I convinced her to buy a Rolex. Price? Only $15,000. Even worse, the store said they'd ship it to us so we could avoid the sales tax, but I insisted she walk out with it. The sales tax was another $1500 or so. Now, a few years later, I don't mind buying the watch (because it's her favorite and wears it all the time), but how stupid about the sales tax. I could have gotten a real nice comic for that.

That is beautiful, man. Don't ever tell her that.

:D

-slym

I mean, you can tell by my avatar that I like a pint but.....I mean WTF was I drinking this night :blush::facepalm:

Barbie1.jpg

I am glad I wasn't drinking anything when I saw this, I would have spit it all over my laptop!

:lol:

-slym

Drunk me apparently likes to hit BINs for Star Wars Legos.

I never knew that about drunk me.

I've gotten three boxes this week at work, after the first one I knew what had happened and decided to not look at my purchase history and let it be a surprise.

:roflmao:

-slym

That's how you end up with $400 Death Stars... Welcome to the club.

Not so much a drunk purchase...as drunk mishap. Was about to grade out a sweet IF 15 I just got in & dropped the book in its mylite. Dented the LRC.

Subbed it & got a 9.6

There were no 9.8 IF 15s at the time. :pullhair:

Completely sober, but I think I made a few irrational purchases as of late.

Yeah, I don't bid drunk, but I've made my share of "Dammit I'm not getting outbid on THIS lot purchases" over the years after having been sniped several times in the course of an evening.

How about when you really want a book, but can't find it, so you buy something else, and then what you wanted shows up and you buy that too...

Then you explain to your girlfriend why on Saturday, the day after pay day, you can't afford to do anything.