• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there room around here for another Fables Cover day?

7 posts in this topic

I know there have been a lot of great Fables covers being posted lately. Hopefully you guys don't have Fables cover fatigue and want to see one more. I'm very excited to add this one to the collection, and it's worth just picking up a couple pieces a year when this is one of them!

I'm going to go back to semi retirement till next year or the next time a great piece surfaces for me. :) Enjoy!

Fables #100 Cover!

J

Wow. WOW. Amazing.

I'd love to see a pic of it framed, if that's what you're planning to do.

Thanks guys. Getting it framed in a few weeks and will of course post the pic in my CAF and update you guys. Looking forward to getting it up on the wall where I can appreciate it properly. Keep finding new details every time I look at it...

I think Ruas has flown below the OA radar because 1) he's not James Jean and has done less comics work than JJ and 2) does a lot of digital finishes to his cover work. Like I said I am really honored to own this one as it is a great, complete piece of art in its own right. I know Ryan Graff has more for sale. Here is another one of my favorites which I know to also be rather complete:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Fables/Covers?file=Fables_Vol_1_108_Textless.jpg

There are other covers of his that I love the finished work, but was really looking for a finished piece of OA for the walls. Sign of the times I guess!

For now I believe he is taking time off from comics to concentrate on his gallery career so who knows if this 5 year period will be his only work in comics.

If you have any questions or want to be put in touch with Ryan, feel free to drop me a note. Ryan is on CAF under Eidolon Fine Arts I believe.

J

Thanks Eric - on my iPad on vaca so was going back to look up that link - you beat me to it! Ryan is a great guy indeed.

Ruas' gallery work is far less...constrained...than his comics work. Great stuff.