• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

question for Bud Root Cavewoman experts

19 posts in this topic

dane is that your bind?

I loved it when I saw it online a few years back.

It is! One of the jewels of my collection. Unfortunately, the binder (and binder helper guy) I used no longer do comics, so I only have 6 completed books. Hopefully, one day I'll find somewhere else that can match them. Thanks though!

his art sure came a long way. Looking at #1 its not something I would have ever picked up. The dinosaur is pretty well rendered but the Meriem figure / lower production values would have turned me off. On the other hand some of the later issues the art is very nice and the production values came up. (well, I am basing this on the photos I've seen as I've never actually owned any of these issues).

:whistle:

002_Splash_pg2_Cavewoman_med.gif

pg9_001_Cavewoman_Rain.png

002_pg1_Cavewoman_Rain_med.gif

I liked all the early stuff.

DG

Is that top pic the splash from the original #2 issue?

It is the original splash page art for #2, but I believe that Budd said it was re-lettered for the first TPB. It might match the published version in the TPB better. It's the same art though.

I had a chance to buy Page 1 from from the first series, but Budd had a sentimental attachment to it and priced it higher. I talked him out of selling it. My understanding is that he did sell it later on. I was tempted to buy it, but I liked other pages better and thought he should hold onto it.

Also shown above is Page 9 of Cavewoman:Rain #1. It's the first page in which she appears in the comic.

The last image is the splash page to Cavewoman: Rain #2. Although he didn't tell me when I bought it, he later told me that he spent more time working on that one splash page than he spent on the entire rest of the book.

I have Budd's photocopy of issue #4 (I think) with all the watercolors done for the whole book. It's what the printer used to make the comic.

A few more pieces are shown here..

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetailsearch.asp?artist=Budd+Root&GCat=42282

DG

:whistle:

002_Splash_pg2_Cavewoman_med.gif

pg9_001_Cavewoman_Rain.png

002_pg1_Cavewoman_Rain_med.gif

I liked all the early stuff.

DG

Is that top pic the splash from the original #2 issue?

It is the original splash page art for #2, but I believe that Budd said it was re-lettered for the first TPB. It might match the published version in the TPB better. It's the same art though.

I had a chance to buy Page 1 from from the first series, but Budd had a sentimental attachment to it and priced it higher. I talked him out of selling it. My understanding is that he did sell it later on. I was tempted to buy it, but I liked other pages better and thought he should hold onto it.

Also shown above is Page 9 of Cavewoman:Rain #1. It's the first page in which she appears in the comic.

The last image is the splash page to Cavewoman: Rain #2. Although he didn't tell me when I bought it, he later told me that he spent more time working on that one splash page than he spent on the entire rest of the book.

I have Budd's photocopy of issue #4 (I think) with all the watercolors done for the whole book. It's what the printer used to make the comic.

A few more pieces are shown here..

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetailsearch.asp?artist=Budd+Root&GCat=42282

DG

Wow. You have some incredible pieces there.