• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st App. of Nova...?

56 posts in this topic

I was under the impression that the first appearance of Nova was in an FF book, or maybe even Nova #1 (just guessing, I'm not a Nova historian obviously), but I ran across this interesting teaser in Iron Man #85 today...thoughts? Historical data?

IMAG0171_zps08dd5f1d.jpg

I think technically it may be, but I'm really wondering if this sneak peak rendering is the first depiction?

If might be but collectors don't care about such things generally.

Although I'm sure there are Tick fans who wouldn't mind owning the first New England Comics newsletters.

The Nova prototype, "Black Nova" appears to have made its debut in "Super Adventures" #6 or #7 in 1966....my question is if the depiction from IM85 is the first depiction of Nova (the Nova we know) in print?

Note: I should not have titled this thread "1st App." , but rather "1st Depiction"....my bad.

I think technically it may be, but I'm really wondering if this sneak peak rendering is the first depiction?

Although I'm sure there are Tick fans who wouldn't mind owning the first New England Comics newsletters.

? I would hope the forums would be a safe place for collectors to ask such questions. It's not that I care, I'm just curious. Makes for good conversation :)

? I would hope the forums would be a safe place for collectors to ask such questions. It's not that I care, I'm just curious. Makes for good conversation :)

Don't misunderstand me, I just meant that may be why this first depiction isn't common knowledge & why it's not sought after. That's all

Have you considered the possibility the promo piece ran in other books published the same month?

Absolutely, thats why I'm asking. I looked around and I don't have any other books from April of '76.

Have you considered the possibility the promo piece ran in other books published the same month?

Absolutely, thats why I'm asking. I looked around and I don't have any other books from April of '76.

I am virtually certain it ran in all the superhero titles that month. I will try and confirm tonight.