• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk vs Thing vs Thor - Who's strongest? Answer comes from their creators!

61 posts in this topic

What about Hulk: The End?

The Hulk is the last one alive on earth and is the lonely winner over everyone even Banner himself (except for the bugs)! Now I know there is no mention of Thor (probably kickin' it safe back in Asgard) but as a hero with ties to earth, who's to say he was not vanquished also? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I love that kind of stuff but the Thing should not even been mentioned with those two. Wonder Man should take the Thing's spot on that list.

I agree. Remember that Wonder Man knocked out Thor in Avengers #9. He used to brag about it incessently in bronze age Avengers.

The Hulk vs. Thing question was settled pretty decisevely in FF #25..

Pete

But hardly anyone cares about Wonder Man. He is not fit to be mentioned in the same breath as important Marvel characters like The Thing, The Hulk and Thor. devil.gif

I love that kind of stuff but the Thing should not even been mentioned with those two. Wonder Man should take the Thing's spot on that list.

I agree. Remember that Wonder Man knocked out Thor in Avengers #9. He used to brag about it incessently in bronze age Avengers.

The Hulk vs. Thing question was settled pretty decisevely in FF #25..

Pete

But hardly anyone cares about Wonder Man. He is not fit to be mentioned in the same breath as important Marvel characters like The Thing, The Hulk and Thor. devil.gif

My sentiments exactly tongue.gif

WonderMan and the original PowerMan were two of my favorites when I was younger.Always hoped PowerMan would reform and become an Avenger like his buddy The Swordsman did. I loved Wondys return and his struggles for the first 40 issues or so. Someday,a writer who feels passion for the character will emerge and fulfill the potenial that lies dormant.

I grew up with Hulk comics and was convinced that only Superman could defeat the Hulk.

I would have to agree with this. I don't think Hulk is clearly stronger or tougher than Thor, but goldilocks would throw in the towel long before old green skin....which I think gives The Hulk the edge.

Actually, I don't think Thor would ever throw in the towel....

Case in Point - Thor 338. He and Beta Ray Bill pretty much fought until both had nothing left.

As the article said Hulk is the strongest. But I think Thor would win in a fight.

Now if it was one of the smarter versions of Hulk with more of Banners persona...well then that could go either way.

As to Superman vs Hulk. No question its Superman. And as to Thor vs. Sups, well we've seen Thor get his hammer handed to him. Sups no contest. yay.gif

As the article said Hulk is the strongest. But I think Thor would win in a fight.

Now if it was one of the smarter versions of Hulk with more of Banners persona...well then that could go either way.

As to Superman vs Hulk. No question its Superman. And as to Thor vs. Sups, well we've seen Thor get his hammer handed to him. Sups no contest. yay.gif

Well with the Thor/Sups battle they were very careful to suggest that Thor did not know Sups "mettle" so to speak and maybe next time it would be different. Makes sense as why would Thor swing harder than he ever has when he doesn't even know who is opponent is? Thor and his hammer are one so next time if they were to battle Sups might be picking up his teeth. Mangog in the Thanos arc is a good example, he left him for fish bait. I'm sure Thor could whip up some kryptonite(sp?) with his hammer and it would be all over. That whole JLA?Avengers series was annoying. Whatever happen to the Silver Surfer? I don't think he even made a guest apperance.

Hey, does anyone know off-hand who won the Thor/Hulk scrap in JIM 112? Or if it was a 'real' scrap?

Superman does have a weakness against magic, so I wonder if Thor's 'enchanted' hammer would have a stronger effect?

Hey, does anyone know off-hand who won the Thor/Hulk scrap in JIM 112? Or if it was a 'real' scrap?

Superman does have a weakness against magic, so I wonder if Thor's 'enchanted' hammer would have a stronger effect?

Yes I have a copy and while I can't remember much I think it was pretty much a stale mate? I'm trying to think if the Hulk reverted back to Banner in that issue? I must read it again tonight. cloud9.gif

Well JiM 112 is just a recap of what happened in Avengers #3. I think Thor was flying by some feuding teens with hulk and thor banners( we need oldguy to tell them that they are the king of the nerds - and you know my wife refers to comic cons as nerd magnets) and he stops to chat with them. Apparently during the big battle with subby and the rest of the avengers, Thor and Hulk were seperated for awhile and no one knew what happened. So 112 is like Thor telling the story of the fight. He asked Odin to allow him to remain Thor without the hammer for like 10 minutes so it would be a hand to hand fight. They fought for severl pages and Hulk went berserck trying to get the hammer which just stayed on the ground. Hulk and Thor were underground and the fight was so rough that the caves collapsed on them - Thor flew off not knowing what happened to Hulk. But as any true marvelite knows, Hulk ended up surviving and headed to NYC once he learned that R.Jones had hooked up with Cap and that Cap had taken his spot on the Avengers - leading to one of the best 2 part fight stories ever in FF 25 and 26! And I refuse to think of myself as a nerd or a geek.