• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best way to sell large Spider-Man collection? would like opinions

23 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I am thinking about selling off my Spider-Man collection and I was wondering what the best way to go about it would be. I know I can sell them individually or in lots on eBay but that would be a pain along with all of the fees involved. Has anyone sold large collections and not gotten completely low-balled? I guess I could always go to my local shop and tell them to let me know if anyone is looking for what I have.

I have:

Amazing Fantasy #15

Amazing Spider-Man #1-700, and all Annuals

Spectacular Spider-Man #1-263, and all annuals

Web of Spider-Man #1-129, and all annuals

Marvel Team-Up #1-150, and all annuals

I also have full runs of every other Spider-Man ongoing... Sensational, Friendly Neighborhood, Chapter One, etc. Plus almost every mini series and One-Shot. All books are now unslabbed. Any that were purchased CGC graded were removed from the case to match the rest of my collection. I did keep all of my labels though.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

For anyone interested I am thinking of selling because I could really use some money right now. I have a whole room of my house taken up by comics and family life is just getting more expensive. I would be devastated if I got rid of them because of all the time and effort it took to complete this collection but I don't have a lot of choice.

Collecting entire runs is great, until it comes time to sell them. The logistics of what you're wanting to do is pretty involved. Packing up 1400+ books? Shipping cost? Grading all of the early books? Gah. I do not envy your situation.

IMHO, I'd sell off AF15 and ASM 1-129 (and the handful of keys after that) individually, then blow out the remainder at 15-20% of value. Pack everything in Priority Flat Rate boxes to save on shipping supply costs and make it cheap for people to take off your hands. The last thing you want is a pile of Marvel Team-Ups left over after you've destroyed your collection.

2c

This Forum is the best place. Check out the sales forum, read the rules, and start selling!

You know they will go to a good home as we are all comic geeks here... And we love sales threads (well, I kow I do)

Don't you post on CBR under the same name?

I would try and sell key books here, and then do the bulk selling to MyComicShop.com for what they will take. Maybe list the rest on ebay as a random lot. MyComicShop only takes certain issues in certain condition.

Yes I do, or at least a similar name... MrBigFeathas.

Thanks for the input everyone. Looks like I will start getting pictures and scans together and post the earlier Silver Age stuff here. I don't need to sell everything all in one go, but stuff like the Marvel Team-Up collection would probably be better off selling all together. Same with pretty much all of the runs besides Amazing.

I would try and sell key books here, and then do the bulk selling to MyComicShop.com for what they will take. Maybe list the rest on ebay as a random lot. MyComicShop only takes certain issues in certain condition.

Thanks for the input everyone. Looks like I will start getting pictures and scans together and post the earlier Silver Age stuff here. I don't need to sell everything all in one go, but stuff like the Marvel Team-Up collection would probably be better off selling all together. Same with pretty much all of the runs besides Amazing.

Depending on your location and average grade, some of us may be interested in the entire set

After this thread was started...how many PMs have you received? lol

Haha, none yet.

edit: I take that back. I was never notified that I had PMs when I did. All PMs have been responded to. Thank you for the interest everyone.

Depending on your location and average grade, some of us may be interested in the entire set

Yes - if you don't try you will never know

After this thread was started...how many PMs have you received? lol

Haha, none yet.

edit: I take that back. I was never notified that I had PMs when I did. All PMs have been responded to. Thank you for the interest everyone.

Yea I was about to tell you how to check because I know I sent you one!

I would start a thread a thread in Comics General under the guise of asking for selling advice and then field the incoming PMs like a mofo-ing Ozzie Smith.

And then tell me how much you got for them so I can consider selling my ASM/AF collection.

I would start a thread in Comics General under the guise of asking for selling advice and then field the incoming PMs like a mofo-ing Ozzie Smith.

And then tell me how much you got for them so I can consider selling my ASM/AF collection.

You should fly over for the next WW Philly and get them all graded onsite.

I would start a thread in Comics General under the guise of asking for selling advice and then field the incoming PMs like a mofo-ing Ozzie Smith.

I've heard that onsite grading is a person_without_enough_empathy to get.

I've heard that onsite grading is a person_without_enough_empathy to get.

Only if you don't call ahead.