• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 1-25

20 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I posted this is the Registry forum yesterday but no one answered and now it's really bugging me, so I thought I'd try here. Maybe there is no answer ...

I was just 'exploring the registry'. Does anyone know why there's an ASM 1-25 set? I can understand a Ditko run of ASM 1 - 37 (-ish - sorry can't remember the exact number), but 1-25 seems slightly arbitrary, except it's a round number. Is there a better reason than that? Not that there's anything wrong with round numbers.

Thanks,

Andy

Andy, can't really see any other reason than picking an arbitrary number that sounds good. Having a Ditko set would make more sense. There are also sets for 101 - 200 and 201 - 300 and 301 - 400 that have a range based solely on a round number.

I'm also surprised to see sets for 252, 298 and 300 foreign editions. Hadn't realized that they'd built those sets although the foreign books are very cool and I can see the appeal.

Hi there,

I posted this is the Registry forum yesterday but no one answered and now it's really bugging me, so I thought I'd try here. Maybe there is no answer ...

I was just 'exploring the registry'. Does anyone know why there's an ASM 1-25 set? I can understand a Ditko run of ASM 1 - 37 (-ish - sorry can't remember the exact number), but 1-25 seems slightly arbitrary, except it's a round number. Is there a better reason than that? Not that there's anything wrong with round numbers.

Thanks,

Andy

You can have any set you want added by request.

hm .. maybe someone requested a 1 - 25 set because that was what they had to add to the registry?

Andy, can't really see any other reason than picking an arbitrary number that sounds good. Having a Ditko set would make more sense. There are also sets for 101 - 200 and 201 - 300 and 301 - 400 that have a range based solely on a round number.

I'm also surprised to see sets for 252, 298 and 300 foreign editions. Hadn't realized that they'd built those sets although the foreign books are very cool and I can see the appeal.

I'm responsible for those :foryou:

maybe they wanted to work a set up to Mary Jane...

;)

Dan

25 was the first mention of MJ and she is in a panel but her face is covered by a large flower in the foreground.

140567.jpg

They had to wait to reveal MJ until they had an artist on the title who could draw a reasonably attractive female.

So, ASM #15 - 1st mention of MJW, #25 first cameo, and #42 was her actual first full appearance?

Wolverine, Venom - eat your hearts out.

:)

-slym

25 was the 1st 1/2 cameo

42 was the 1st cameo (last page - like Hulk 180)

43 was the 1st full appearance.

and I think there were other issues between 25 and 42

that talked about her...

Oh yeah and 59 was her 1st cover...

:shy:

So, ASM #15 - 1st mention of MJW, #25 first cameo, and #42 was her actual first full appearance?

Wolverine, Venom - eat your hearts out.

:)

-slym

25 was the 1st 1/2 cameo

42 was the 1st cameo (last page - like Hulk 180)

43 was the 1st full appearance.

and I think there were other issues between 25 and 42

that talked about her...

Oh yeah and 59 was her 1st cover...

:shy:

You can tell from how slow they brought her in to the book that they wanted her to be huge. Notice how Gwen just appears when he starts going to school in 31.

;)

Dan

25 was the first mention of MJ and she is in a panel but her face is covered by a large flower in the foreground.

140567.jpg

Thanks for including the panel after it... I love their reaction!

;)

Dan

140567.jpg

They had to wait to reveal MJ until they had an artist on the title who could draw a reasonably attractive female.

:(

;)

Dan

140567.jpg

:(

The Ditko hater bus pulled up and he got on...

:grin: