• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New DC Lobo looks like a Twilight Reject.

79 posts in this topic

I could see this one work if they gave him a real costume for the upper part and took that heavy feeling out of the bottom armor. The bottom part could possibly look more balanced with a cool upper armor hm

Lobo_B_krcopy.jpg

I can't understand with the obsession for DC wanting to put him in some sort of mechanized outfit right out of some dorky FInal Fantasy game design.

Part of what makes Lobo, Lobo (post-Bisley imagining) is his space-biker outfit and his stereotypical biker/chauvinist behavior that goes with it.

These outfits propose that the Lobo character is to be taken seriously, and that will kill the largest part of what makes him work.

I could see this one work if they gave him a real costume for the upper part and took that heavy feeling out of the bottom armor. The bottom part could possibly look more balanced with a cool upper armor hm

Lobo_B_krcopy.jpg

I can't understand with the obsession for DC wanting to put him in some sort of mechanized outfit right out of some dorky FInal Fantasy game design.

Part of what makes Lobo, Lobo (post-Bisley imagining) is his space-biker outfit and his stereotypical biker/chauvinist behavior that goes with it.

These outfits propose that the Lobo character is to be taken seriously, and that will kill the largest part of what makes him work.

I completely agree with you on the game design part. What I liked about this sketch though -compared to the other they produced- was that he looks slightly more sophisticated. I'm afraid he might look too much like Wolverine, but this wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Personally, I think that the old Lobo was a cool character but was a doofus who went a too far here and there without realizing it. I'd prefer to see a macho-dingo-coocoo style ultimate killer that does all that, comprehends what he is doing but just doesn't give shiyat. They have to have a specific concept for him and not just add another no name bs figure no one cares about or even remembers.

Are you guys forgetting this...

We're trying to...

-slym

Are you kidding around?

Omega Men 37 is a great little Lobo story, and started the train for the future of this character. Killing off his old buddy to fulfill a contract demonstrated how far he would go.