• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New DC Lobo looks like a Twilight Reject.

79 posts in this topic

http://www.newsarama.com/18756-dc-reveals-new-look-for-lobo-s-first-new-52-appearance-in-what-s-new.html

Lobo_D_kr.jpg

We've already seen Lobo, the Main Man, in the pages of the New 52, right?

Wrong, says DC Editor-in-Chief Bob Harras. The character we saw before was an imposter, and the real Lobo, complete with a new slim redesign, is pissed.

"A ruthless killer, Lobo is on a quest to kill the man who has taken his name," Harras says in the latest "What's New in the New 52" column on the DC Comics blog.

While Rocafort initially went for a more traditional, brawny look, DC Comics settled on the new slender style to reflect his character as a "lean mean killing machine."

While the Pre New 52 look (design below) was actually quite brilliant, the first incarnation of the design used in Deathstroke was kind of awkward. The updated model that you presented is interesting to say the least.

lobo2ndTry.jpg

no... NO.... NOOOOOOOOOooooo......

Lobo "used" to be cool.

I bought the New 52 books with Lobo in it. But now that's not the real one, and this one is....

Good! I'll save some money to spend on GA books.

I could almost see this look if they were making a Lobo movie, that way they could get the teen girl audience, and they wouldn't have to CGI as much of the character. But for the comics? This is a ridiculous re-vamp.

After enough of an uproar, it'll come out that this poser is also an impostor and the "real" main man will come back to rip him apart. lol

DC Comics settled on the new slender style to reflect his character as a "lean mean killing machine."

More like "lean mean fingernail-painting machine"

If you think about it, Lobo in the late 80's-90's exemplified aspects of our society. Perhaps this new version represents the current stage of pussification our society suffers from, and how the newer generations view what makes a character "badass".

Lobo used to frag for the sake of fraggin'. Get his drink wrong? That's a'fraggin'. Don't tip the stripper? That's a'fraggin'.

I can only imagine the reasons this Nancyboy frags people. Because they didn't hydrate and nourish his hair the last time he was at the salon? Because the Intergalactic Walgreens was out of Dr. Scholls Gel Inserts for his butt-shifter boots?

Gah. Truly a dark day for The Main Man.

DC Comics settled on the new slender style to reflect his character as a "lean mean killing machine."

If you think about it, Lobo in the late 80's-90's exemplified aspects of our society. Perhaps this new version represents the current stage of pussification our society suffers from, and how the newer generations view what makes a character "badass".

Lobo used to frag for the sake of fraggin'. Get his drink wrong? That's a'fraggin'. Don't tip the stripper? That's a'fraggin'.

I can only imagine the reasons this Nancyboy frags people. Because they didn't hydrate and nourish his hair the last time he was at the salon? Because the Intergalactic Walgreens was out of Dr. Scholls Gel Inserts for his butt-shifter boots?

His cigars are being replaced by electronic cigarettes. lol

I'm sensing a pattern here. Affleck as Batman. This as Lobo.

Are the people in power, giving up on the fan boys and just going for the teenie bopper dollars?

Do we mean nothing to them? Or do they just assume we will accept "whatever", because we are fan boys?

I'm confused. What is going to be the first appearance of Lobo? Omega Men #3, or....

His cigars are being replaced by electronic cigarettes. lol

:signfunny:

I'm sensing a pattern here. Affleck as Batman. This as Lobo.

Are the people in power, giving up on the fan boys and just going for the teenie bopper dollars?

Do we mean nothing to them? Or do they just assume we will accept "whatever", because we are fan boys?

I'm confused. What is going to be the first appearance of Lobo? Omega Men #3, or....

Lobo goes man-scaping #1 (thumbs u

that is one of the 4 designs isn't it?

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/08/23/whats-new-in-the-new-52-lobos-new-look#1

second one is the best for me, i hope they haven't chosen that one...not everyone needs to be slender

Was one of them

but according to page

There was a lot of thought put into how the real Lobo should look. Kenneth Rocafort’s various interpretations blew us away, but the design we landed on as the final choice is the last one in the above gallery. In this design, Ken updated Lobo’s facial tattoos and weaponry by adding laser edges to his blades and gloves that’ll give him extra strength with their mechanical usage. In the end, Ken transformed Lobo into a lean, mean killing machine.

that is one of the 4 designs isn't it?

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/08/23/whats-new-in-the-new-52-lobos-new-look#1

second one is the best for me, i hope they haven't chosen that one...not everyone needs to be slender

Was one of them

but according to page

There was a lot of thought put into how the real Lobo should look. Kenneth Rocafort’s various interpretations blew us away, but the design we landed on as the final choice is the last one in the above gallery. In this design, Ken updated Lobo’s facial tattoos and weaponry by adding laser edges to his blades and gloves that’ll give him extra strength with their mechanical usage. In the end, Ken transformed Lobo into a lean, mean killing machine.

So if he loses his blades and gloves he'll be about as powerful as Harry Potter. Without the wand. :tonofbricks: