• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trading Post/PIF/Giving Tree Discussion Thread

2,657 posts in this topic

Shadow: What happens is that things will move very very fast when it happens. I have seen a dozen offers go in an hour, I kid you not. On the flip side though, things come to a grinding halt from time to time. Dont give up on it. Especially since I want your original art. :grin:

Rifolli: Slym left the boards because he got tired of logging on and seeing the same name under every single post but with nothing relevant to add. It is not my place to really go into detail but he did let me know. Personally, I think it is loss to the boards. I liked Slym.

...he got tired of logging on and seeing the same name under every single post but with nothing relevant to add.

Greggy. :mad:

...he got tired of logging on and seeing the same name under every single post but with nothing relevant to add.

Greggy. :mad:

lol

No, this may be the one thing that Greggy is not responsible for.

I am surprised no one noticed. It has been a while now.

Shadow: What happens is that things will move very very fast when it happens. I have seen a dozen offers go in an hour, I kid you not. On the flip side though, things come to a grinding halt from time to time. Dont give up on it. Especially since I want your original art. :grin:

Rifolli: Slym left the boards because he got tired of logging on and seeing the same name under every single post but with nothing relevant to add. It is not my place to really go into detail but he did let me know. Personally, I think it is loss to the boards. I liked Slym.

I considered doing the same thing but I decided to grit my teeth and ignore him. He certainly is a detriment to the value of these boards.

Honestly, I don't know if it is my place to name the name. I dont know if he let me know in confidence or not, but several people asked me about him recently so I thought people should know he is ok but just not here. He let a few of us know a few weeks ago. It is not that hard to figure out though. I have been trying to convince him to come back.

Slym?

he probably got a job and doesnt have time to do 1,000 posts 21 hours a day.

I always wondered how he could post so much and make money and still have time to have a girlfriend or children.

Work, Eat, Forum, Bang, Sleep, Rinse, Repeat

Hope you are well Slym

Slym?

So when he was the top poster it was ok but when I became the top poster it was 'just awful' and he had to FDQ exit

I guess him constantly being a Debbie Downer and telling people what they should post was 'relevant' in his book....

Slym?

So when he was the top poster it was ok but when I became the top poster it was 'just awful' and he had to FDQ exit

I guess him constantly being a Debbie Downer and telling people what they should post was 'relevant' in his book....

Another one? :blush:

Slym?

Hold on there Kav!!

Are you saying that it is you?????

True dat, Harv....

Anyway I was always nice to Slym, and he was always bossing me around and insulting me. And I was still nice. If that's the kind of person that 'drives him off the boards', he has other issues to deal with. I did notice he left the boards after he put me on ignore and I made a point of avoiding him, not posting anywhere near him and deleting my posts if he posted after me. I don't know what that means.

Is the P.I.F. in its last death throws? I have only been able to participate once and have a lot of cool books( maybe OA) on deck to give away but it seem like there just are not enough people willing to participate. Maybe its just me but I have not really seen much that interest me. I don't do new stuff or TPB so I know it makes it harder for me to find a pif I want to grab. Am I wrong or should I just sell this stuff off and move on?

Gosh, I'd hate to be the guy that killed PIF. Maybe I'll add some additional options. I saw some posting about the thread needing 'new blood' so figured I'd join in. I'll see what else I can dig up, that someone may like.