• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Iron Man #128 Demon in a Bottle

5 posts in this topic

Please have a look at my Iron Man #128. The book is flat, spine and staples are tight. Interior pages are white. Thanks in advance, your input is always appreciated.

Iron Man #128 Front Cover

(NOTE: The mark under the 'R' in Marvel is a scratch on the scanner)

fwf1.jpg

Iron Man #128 Back Cover

(NOTE: The mark in the 'G' in Got is a scratch on the scanner)

d5k5.jpg

Just a heads up. It's requested that all members submit no more than 3 books per 24 hour period in the PGM Forum so that other member's books are not bumped to the 2nd page too quickly. This allows everyone a fair shot at everyone else's opinions ;)

9.2 with a shot at 9.4

Thanks Mike, I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for all of the feedback as well. I am scanning my copy of Iron Man #1. I'll have to wait until tomorrow now! BTW I have been comparing our grades and we seem to be pretty consistent with the odd difference of opinion here and there. I have noticed however that the larger scans although are easier to grade also seem to lower the grade. Do you think that people take into consideration the size of the scan when comparing nicks, dents, tears etc.? Much appreciated again! Cheers!

I'm Scott :hi:

Mike is a former Comic book artist/inker (Jack Kirby's inker from the 70's)

I befriended and whose work and art I collect (did I word that right? hm )

When I look at your books I start by shrinking them down by 77% so I can

see the whole book at once, then I zoom in again to get the details. If I were

to grade these in hand I'd be looking as close as I could (without touching the

book to my nose lol ) and would even break out a jeweler's loupe when I see

color/fiber breaking defects. Such attention to detail isn't necessary for mid/low grades,

but when dealing with potential 9.6+ books, all those small defects add

up. I have no idea if CGC grades this way or if they just rely on their eyesight :shrug:

I'm hardly a pro. I just have a bad case of OCD when it comes to high grade comic books :facepalm:

I did fairly well in the last grading contest here, but dropped the

ball several times. Any opinion I offer is just that... my opinion ;)

Realizing that the flaws look about 4x larger on my monitor than they would in hand, I'd agree with Scott. Looks like a solid 9.2, and I've seen 9.4s that looked no worse ( though whether they all should 9.4s is another story).