• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab defect question

42 posts in this topic

Typically consistency is important to businesses.

Some slabs are flat, nearly sealed, and have no rough or scuffed production marks. Books are in the middle and sealed cleanly.

Others are wavy, practically wide open on the sides, and all corners and points that come together are rough. (Lately)

If someone know the first scenario is possible because they have a stack of older slabs that are good looking, and their newer slabs look poorly constructed or put together, that might lead to customer dissatisfaction and loss of customers.

I'm not typically a slab seller, but I'm sure some of the regular sellers receive negative feedback or returns from customers when a slab isn't up to standards, which is a loss of time and money as well.

I would like CGC to be more consistent with the slab quality/construction and with the encapsulation process. I'd like the QA department to be a little more OCD.