• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab defect question

42 posts in this topic

Hi,

I recieved one of my personal grails today which I purchased from a well reputed boardie. The transaction, communication, and packaging were flawless, but I have a concern about the book/slab.

It is a CGC blue label 9.8.

About an inch and a half from the top there is an odd one inch line on the front cover. It is not exactly straight. Depending how the light shines on the mark it can look like an indentation or like a ridge. It is fairly thin, maybe 1/16ths of an inch thick indentation that runs for an inch up and down on the title.

This can only be seen when light is shining directly on it, for example when it is laying on the kitchen table and I'm looking down at it.

The slab is perfectly smooth on the outside, so I am curious whether this mark is on the inner sleeve thing surrounding the comic, or on the actual cover itself.

I would like to think (am praying) that if it was truly on the cover itself it wouldn't be a 9.8.

I'm at work otherwise I would try to get a picture.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

If you could afford the books I purchase, you'd prefer them to be in the condition CGC proclaims them to be as well.

Before you offer this variety of useless feedback that are your thoughts, you might consider removing the large and prickly objects from uranus.

I pity your existence.

TTYL

Sweetie, I assure you that I can afford any 1992 Image "grail" that you can.

And the next time you say,

you might want to prepare yourself for my "any thoughts."

If you could afford the books I purchase, you'd prefer them to be in the condition CGC proclaims them to be as well.

Before you offer this variety of useless feedback that are your thoughts, you might consider removing the large and prickly objects from uranus.

I pity your existence.

TTYL

Sweetie, I assure you that I can afford any 1992 Image "grail" that you can.

And the next time you say,

you might want to prepare yourself for my "any thoughts."

Oh good sir you make me chuckle.

If you could afford the books I purchase , you'd prefer them to be in the condition CGC proclaims them to be as well.

TTYL

Are you related to Cal?

Perhaps it's Mini-Cal. hm

If you could afford the books I purchase , you'd prefer them to be in the condition CGC proclaims them to be as well.

TTYL

Are you related to Cal?

Cal = can't afford an IMSM #1 in 9.8

TXReplicant = can't afford a Maxx #1 Black Ashcan

The similarities are uncanny hm

TTYL

Are you related to Cal?

Cal = can't afford an IMSM #1 in 9.8

TXReplicant = can't afford a Maxx #1 Black Ashcan

The similarities are uncanny hm

Maybe he's Bizarro Cal.

Wait...Cal is Bizarro Cal. Who am I kidding?

What is this line?? It is 3D coming up out of the book! CGC grades this 9.8?

477_zps114aeeb7.jpg

Are you talking about the funky tree branch looking line at the bottom of the "W?"

I'd have to think if that were on the book it wouldn't have graded 9.8.

Yeah on the W. It's an inch long, maybe a bit more.

The seller is a reputable boardie whom everyone speaks highly of.

I feel bad returning/exchanging the book, but this tree branch coming out of the book has got me bummed out.

The book has a beautiful spine and the corners are great.

Maybe this crease is the reason it was scored down to a 9.8, or is this something that should have made it lesser than 9.8?

The seller has been great and is allowing me to exchange the book. I hope the next one is a looker.

One day this book will sit side by side with a Maxx Black Ashcan and there will be peace on earth.