• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My collection

122 posts in this topic

One of the few Splashes I have. It isn't this tan in areas in real life; I'm still learning the nuances of scanning.

Having an A4 scanner for large pieces is tricky. (I got the scanner for free, I'm not complaining) :)

I will rescan this one, I'm sure.

AmazingSpider-Man147pg1meda_zpsc8038066.jpg

(thumbs u Very fond memories of this issue as it is one of the first that I read in the main ASM run. As a little kid the first Spidey comic I read was Spec. Spidey and I just thought that was the title of Spider-man comics. :tonofbricks: Well I was 8 years old so who knew ....

how big of a scanner do you need in order to scan OA?

Modern art is generally close enough to 11x17 to use a scanner of that size. Brother makes one.

Twice up art work requires a MUCH larger scanner, a camera, and/or software to piece together multiple partial scans.. I found a place in Houston (Houston Photo Imaging) that can handle very large art, but they charge $50. On the other hand the scan is gigantic (1000x1000 or so). Big TIF files. You might be able to find a similar company near you.

All great pieces. BTW how big of a scanner do you need in order to scan OA?
I'm using an A4 scanner (basically a little over 8.5x11). Not recommended for scanning art, but I got it for free.

I just scan the modern art in halves, and Silver age large art in quadrants, and use Microsoft ICE to merge the images. The program is easy and works pretty good as long as there is some overlap to the separate images.

Panel one has an original art paste over on the sedan located at the top of the panel. A previous owner tried peeling off the paste over, starting right above and to the left of DD's hand. Then he stopped peeling it off.

I guess that it didn't work out very well. :(

Daredevil_37_pg_9med_zpsdea4e56e.jpg

Silver age large art. I realize Don Heck isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I really like his early art on the Avengers and Tales of Suspense.

I suppose super hero art wasn't his milieu as compared to his earlier '50's stuff.

Avengers_13_pg_9med_zpsaec8650d.jpg