• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My collection

122 posts in this topic

I finally got a scanner and am in the process of posting some pieces on Comicartfans.

You can check it out here http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=4303

I am working my way through my modern size pages first, large art to follow.

I'm still getting the hang of the scan settings, and stitching the scans together; I'm seeing a tan area and some loss of resolution where the art board slightly lifts off the scanner glass as it hangs over the raised lip around the glass.

This shows up as a slightly blurred and sometimes tan area in the middle of the art scan where the two halves are merged.

I think I've solved it the best I can, but scanning and merging large art in quadrants is going to be tougher than scanning smaller art in halves.

Would it be appropriate to post some of the pieces in this thread?

Thank you all for the kind words.

After these many years of enjoying the OA and comics, raw and slabbed, that others have posted, it feels good to be able to reciprocate.

Here's a Romita Cap page.

Captain_America_138_pg_8med_zps5843bcce.jpg

One of the few Splashes I have. It isn't this tan in areas in real life; I'm still learning the nuances of scanning.

Having an A4 scanner for large pieces is tricky. (I got the scanner for free, I'm not complaining) :)

I will rescan this one, I'm sure.

AmazingSpider-Man147pg1meda_zpsc8038066.jpg

Thank you all for the kind words.

After these many years of enjoying the OA and comics, raw and slabbed, that others have posted, it feels good to be able to reciprocate.

Here's a Romita Cap page.

Captain_America_138_pg_8med_zps5843bcce.jpg

These are great pieces of art you have! The dialogue in this one is great - it tells a completely different story than the one in the art. And that Cap can keep up with a speeding hawk for any period of time is crazy.

These are great pieces of art you have! The dialogue in this one is great - it tells a completely different story than the one in the art. And that Cap can keep up with a speeding hawk for any period of time is crazy.

That's funny! I didn't notice that before!