• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED

10 posts in this topic

This is a cool freaking book!

If I remember correctly, this book was printed outside of the US (somewhere in Europe?). Which makes it even more amazing that it crossed the pond to the US and is still in such a high grade.

This is a cool freaking book!

If I remember correctly, this book was printed outside of the US (somewhere in Europe?). Which makes it even more amazing that it crossed the pond to the US and is still in such a high grade.

According to Overstreet, it was printed in Norway specifically for sale at the UN in New York. Published after CI had largely closed up shop so it apparently didn't get any newsstand circulation. No wonder it's so scarce!

Superb copy.

And at a nice price...sure beats the 9.6 copy currently listed on the Bay at an asking price of $2,500 (and which that seller claims to be the highest graded copy :boo: )

What he meant was it's the highest graded copy he owns .... :D

There is a seller that has repeatedly said highest graded in his listing when the grade is not. I even contacted him about one of the listings and he said it is an old listing and he has not updated it yet.

I wonder if it is the same seller.

A friend had a sweet copy of that book 20 years ago and I remember being amazed at how much it was worth and how rare it was to have it. Beauty of a copy and only 9.8 should fly to the right collector.