• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Trade Recommendations...

33 posts in this topic

Bendis's Moon Knight is amazing.

Old Man logan is brilliant.

Fear It self was the last marvel event I enjoyed.

Frankencastle is goofy and I loved it.

Matt Fractions Iron Man is really good, even the first few volumes are spectacular.

Also Annihilation, Annihilation Conquest and the Nova series from a few years ago by Abnett and Lanning (not the current Loeb Nova series).

It's amazing, a thread in Comics General about modern Marvel storylines and we haven't had any posts along the lines of.......

Bah, Marvel haven't produced anything worth reading since 1822. I refuse to read any of the tripe that they produce these days, and I'm too old to get to a comic shop now anyway. Anyone who reads Marvel Comics bilge now has the intelligence of a lobotomised slug. :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Waid's Daredevil and Fraction's Hawkeye have been great so far.

I'm still enjoying Superior Spider-Man, but I'm also waiting for the other shoe to drop re: Pete coming back.

Venom was fun, I like the Agent Venom version of the character. I thought it was an interesting take on what had become a one note villain. Shame it got cancelled.

Amazingly I agree with Sean and Alex!

Old Man Logan is superb.

BWS Weapon X.

The crazy super hero style panel layout makes reading difficult, but it's pretty cool. I think if they want to make a really good Wolverine movie they should do a pretty close adaptation of that, but make it half torture/revenge movie like I Spit On Your Grave and half slasher movie like Friday The 13th, but Logan is the slasher, hunting down everyone in that laboratory one at a time. No muscleman for the lead, let Kevin Bacon do it, directed by John Carpenter or Ridley Scott lol

Havok & Wolverine: Meltdown is a 4 part series under the Epic label that is by far one of my favorites, and it's handily collected in Wolverine Legends Vol. 2

Wolverine-Legends-Vol-2-Meltdown-Paperback.jpg

I also really liked "Marvels" and X-force vol. 3 (Angels and Demons, Old Ghosts, Not Forgotten, Necrosha, Sex and Violence)

Good luck (thumbs u

Guys - I am so very appreciative of the feedback.

Summary so far:

Annihilation

Annihilation: Conquest

Astonishing X-Men #1 - #24

Avengers: Ultron Unlimited

Avengers: Assemble Vol. 1 - Vol. 5

Avengers: Disassembled

Avengers: Omnibus

Avengers vs X-Men

Avengers: Kree/Skull War

Avengers: Under Siege

BWS Weapon X

Captain America ( Brubaker/Epting/ Guice)

Daredevil (Bendis / Maleev 1998)

Daredevil (Brubaker)

Daredevil (Mark Waid's run)

Daredevil: Born Again

Daredevil: Guardian Devil

Fantastic Four: Omnibus

Fear Itself (?)

Frankencastle

Havok

Hawkeye (Fraction)

Hulk (Bruce Jones run - #34 - #76)

Hulk Visionaries: Peter David (especially the run with Dale Keown art)

Hulk: Future Imperfect

Hulk: Planet Hulk

Immortal Iron Fist

Iron Man: Extremis

Miracle Man

Moon Knight (Bendis)

Nova

Punisher: Circle of Blood

Punisher: Max (Ennis)

Punisher: Omnibus

Punisher: Welcome Back Frank

Spider Man: Omnibus

Spider Man: Superior Spider Man

Spider Man: Ultimate Spider Man

The Ultimates Vol. 1 & Vol. 2

Thor: God of Thunder (Jason Aaron)

Thor: The Mighty Avenger (Langridge / Samnee)

Thor: Omnibus

Uncanny X-Force (2010)

Wolverine: Claremont & Miller

Wolverine: Meltdown

Wolverine: Not Dead Yet

Wolverine: Old Man Logan

X-Factor (Peter David)

X-Men: Fall of the Mutants

X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills

Havok & Wolverine: Meltdown is a 4 part series under the Epic label that is by far one of my favorites, and it's handily collected in Wolverine Legends Vol. 2

Wolverine-Legends-Vol-2-Meltdown-Paperback.jpg

I also really liked "Marvels" and X-force vol. 3 (Angels and Demons, Old Ghosts, Not Forgotten, Necrosha, Sex and Violence)

Good luck (thumbs u

I completely forgot about this but just went and got my original issues out...I remember it was pretty dark for my young mind but thought it was awesome...I don't think they have done enough with Havok and Wolverine, friendship wise. Cool series.