• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you are going to sell books to other boardies...

355 posts in this topic

Dice knows what he is doing. I have never subbed a book that I got from Dice that didn't get a 9.8. That is truth. I don't know the exact number of subs, but it is more than two and less than ten.

You just wait until you see what I'm shipping to your mailbox soon. hm

I would just go ahead and contact the hazmat team now. :ohnoez:

Dice knows what he is doing. I have never subbed a book that I got from Dice that didn't get a 9.8. That is truth. I don't know the exact number of subs, but it is more than two and less than ten.

You just wait until you see what I'm shipping to your mailbox soon. hm

I would just go ahead and contact the hazmat team now. :ohnoez:

I've talked to Hazmat about it before. They won't touch it.

Anyone read about the flack that Amazon has received from the way they ship things out?

I order dog food from Amazon. Every time I get it, I laugh at how much packaging they wrap around it. Why does dog food need so much bubble wrapping? My kids love stomping on it though.

Anyone read about the flack that Amazon has received from the way they ship things out?

I think they have improved a lot in the past six months and they now actively solicit feedback on packaging -- a sign they are trying to get better.

Nope.... You should see what they have been doing...

Over on Rebelscum... someone ordered a Star Wars ship and they decided that simply putting packing labels on the factory box was good enough. This was going on with almost all of the units. Enough people complained and then Amazon decided to change their packaging process.

I ordered the new R2-D2 6" Series for my desk. Good thing I planned on opening it. They put that in an envelope and the whole thing came crushed within the envelope. All the parts were there but maybe that was because I was lucky.

Link: http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Amazon_Addresses_Slave_I_Shipping_153657.asp

ScreenShot2013-08-30at54127PM.png

I think they have improved a lot in the past six months and they now actively solicit feedback on packaging -- a sign they are trying to get better.

Nope.... You should see what they have been doing...

Over on Rebelscum... someone ordered a Star Wars ship and they decided that simply putting packing labels on the factory box was good enough. This was going on with almost all of the units. Enough people complained and then Amazon decided to change their packaging process.

I ordered the new R2-D2 6" Series for my desk. Good thing I planned on opening it. They put that in an envelope and the whole thing came crushed within the envelope. All the parts were there but maybe that was because I was lucky.

Link: http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Amazon_Addresses_Slave_I_Shipping_153657.asp

ScreenShot2013-08-30at54127PM.png

That does look bad. I order mainly books and the occasional Blu-ray. With those, packaging has definitely improved. They went through a period of sending books that were not shrink wrapped to cardboard, leaving space to rattle around in the box, and wedging books into boxes that were too small.

Haven't really had a problem with any packages I've received recently.

There is no excuse for doing a shoddy packing job. :sumo:

Take the extra ten minutes and save yourself some trouble. Buy some friggin' bubble wrap. Cardboard is cheap if not free. Use a decent box or mailer. Get some packaging tape. You have zero excuses not to do a good job.

I ship pint glasses through the mail and can't imagine how many boxes would be making that 'oh snap, something got broke in this box' sound when it gets moved if I packed it half azz. I can count on one hand the number of times someone received a damaged item I shipped.

How did it all evolve into what is going on now in the thread?

I poked the bear. Sorry.

If poking the bear meant being a pot stirring Richard then you get first place.

Recent examples of very well packaged parcels that I've received from boardmembers came from Aces and Neeidea. Maybe we should start a list of boardies with excellent packaging methods. hm

Recent examples of very well packaged parcels that I've received from boardmembers came from Aces and Neeidea. Maybe we should start a list of boardies with excellent packaging methods. hm

And compile a running list?

hm

:taptaptap:

I said RECENT examples, you haven't shipped me anything in ages. :makepoint:

:foryou:

It was still the best you ever had.

:whatev:

It was still the best you ever had.

:whatev:

:roflmao:

I poked the bear. Sorry.

You've got to come up with a better "insult" than "pot stirrer". When I see you write that, I think of you as Richard Nixon shouting "Woodward and Bernstein are a bunch of pot stirrers, they must be stopped!"

There's no great secret to packaging properly, it's mainly just common sense.

No good excuse for it really.

+1

And it does not matter if its a $1.00 book or a $1,000.00 dollar book to me. They should all be packed the same. A little properly cut cardboard and some peanuts or bubble wrap and your set.

If you're going to be selling books on here, have the supplies on hand to do the job right.

Agreed. The only difference my high-dollar books get is insurance coverage.

-slym

I poked the bear. Sorry.

You've got to come up with a better "insult" than "pot stirrer". When I see you write that, I think of you as Richard Nixon shouting "Woodward and Bernstein are a bunch of pot stirrers, they must be stopped!"

See, there you go again making this some sort of battle. I wasn't trying to insult you.

If the wooden spoon fits.... lol

I poked the bear. Sorry.

See, there you go again making this some sort of battle. I wasn't trying to insult you.

Weren't trying to insult me? Did I misunderstand your use of "Richard" there?

I poked the bear. Sorry.

Weren't trying to insult me? Did I misunderstand your use of "Richard" there?

Yeah, but you were specifically referring to "pot stirrer", which is what I replied to. ;)

That's not an insult, it's a fact, as corroborated by you a few weeks ago.