• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you are going to sell books to other boardies...

355 posts in this topic

I actually can't believe you're going on and on about this. What kind of person does that?

Pot?

Meet......

Two completely different kettles.

He's accusing me of something that isn't true, on the internet, for all the world to see, where I have a lot of clients and friends while he's just an anonymous person on the internet with nothing to lose.

Like I said, what kind of person does that?

I actually can't believe you're going on and on about this. What kind of person does that?

Pot?

Meet......

Two completely different kettles.

He's accusing me of something that isn't true, on the internet, for all the world to see, where I have a lot of clients and friends while he's just an anonymous person on the internet with nothing to lose.

Like I said, what kind of person does that?

1. He's not anonymous. I'm sure he'll even post his name and address here if you ask him. He's done it before.

2. Nobody takes what he says to heart.

3. Nobody takes what you say to heart.

4. Nobody takes what I say to heart.

There's a little wheel in the middle of your mouse. Use it to scroll past his comments. I use it on 95 % of your posts. You'll get the hang of it. Good luck, and Godspeed. (thumbs u

1. He's not anonymous. I'm sure he'll even post his name and address here if you ask him. He's done it before.

There's a little wheel in the middle of your mouse. Use it to scroll past his comments. I use it on 95 % of your posts. You'll get the hang of it. Good luck, and Godspeed. (thumbs u

I've taken this post to heart.

<3

I think you're generalizing. I personally take to heart what people say about me and about others, so I can only assume there is more than one person out there that does as well...so if someone calls me a liar when I'm not lying, and 200 people read it on the internet, even if only 2 people believe it, it's a serious thing.

Anonymous may not be the right word but I think you know what I meant. He has nothing to lose by going balls out on someone else who has everything to lose. They'd never do it in front of a bunch of people if they had something to lose. Only bullies do that.

I realize that sometimes I need to let things slide, but I have a hard time standing by and doing nothing if I feel something is being misrepresented - even if it's the smallest thing. Everyone's got their Achilles heel. That's mine.

I've taken this post to heart.

<3

lol

No you didn't, or you would've scrolled right past it. :baiting:

1 - I liked meeting Steve Borock - we spoke some music for a bit... very interesting guy.

2 - I have a Fantasy Football draft that starts in 6 minutes. I have number two overall in a wrap around draft 10 teams... I am taking Martin as #1 overall will obviously be taking Peterson.

I think you're generalizing. I personally take to heart what people say about me and about others, so I can only assume there is more than one person out there that does as well...so if someone calls me a liar when I'm not lying, and 200 people read it on the internet, even if only 2 people believe it, it's a serious thing.

Anonymous may not be the right word but I think you know what I meant. He has nothing to lose by going balls out on someone else who has everything to lose. They'd never do it in front of a bunch of people if they had something to lose. Only bullies do that.

I realize that sometimes I need to let things slide, but I have a hard time standing by and doing nothing if I feel something is being misrepresented - even if it's the smallest thing. Everyone's got their pluses and their minuses. That's mine.

I have no idea what you wrote there cause I scrolled past it , but I'm sure it's just another whinefest. Which is why I scrolled past it. :)

1 - I liked meeting Steve Borock - we spoke some music for a bit... very interesting guy.

Can I share my experiences with Borock?

From the time I was an anonymous 1st time submitter Joe Collector from 2000 miles away until today, he has treated me the same way and I think everyone can say the same thing: Every time I ever asked for his time, or his knowledge or his opinion, he put into it more effort than I needed from him. The guy loves helping people. He's a dead head hippy to the core. lol

lol

A straw man argument is attributing a position to your opponent which they did not advocate. Usually it is a simpler/reductionist version of their argument which is easier to refute.

Calling someone a name is an ad hominem attack.

But on the internet no one cares, it is just a bunch of geeks furiously typing poor responses to other poor responses.

I have no idea what you wrote there cause I scrolled past it , but I'm sure it's just another whinefest. Which is why I scrolled past it. :)

One person's whine is another person's melody.

:cloud9:

lol

A straw man argument is attributing a position to your opponent which they did not advocate. Usually it a simpler/reductionist version of their argument which is easier to refute.

So would introducing a new subject in an argument (2 as opposed to 1) be the introduction of a straw man?

lol

A straw man argument is attributing a position to your opponent which they did not advocate. Usually it is a simpler/reductionist version of their argument which is easier to refute.

So would introducing a new subject in an argument (2 as opposed to 1) be the introduction of a straw man?

Yeah it could be. Could also just be really poor form. Depends how they follow it up.

lol

Yeah it could be. Could also just be really poor form. Depends how they follow it up.

Intent is everything. (thumbs u

From the time I was an anonymous 1st time submitter Joe Collector from 2000 miles away until today, he has treated me the same way and I think everyone can say the same thing: Every time I ever asked for his time, or his knowledge or his opinion, he put into it more effort than I needed from him. The guy loves helping people. He's a dead head hippy to the core. lol

I have always enjoyed a chat with Steve. You always seem to busy to chat with at cons. :baiting: In those cases, I just chat with Lou. She has good taste in boats too. :)

I have always enjoyed a chat with Steve. You always seem to busy to chat with at cons. :baiting: In those cases, I just chat with Lou. She has good taste in boats too. :)

Yeah, Lou was a sailor. She's got all kinds of sides to her! lol

Borock can sit and chat at cons because the business comes to him through Heritage's phone number. I'm not that lucky. :cry:

Sit next to me after the con is over though, and I'll chat your ear off the way I post your ear off on here! :devil:

Yeah, Lou was a sailor. She's got all kinds of sides to her! lol

Borock can sit and chat at cons because the business comes to him through Heritage's phone number. I'm not that lucky. :cry:

Sit next to me after the con is over though, and I'll chat your ear off the way I post your ear off on here! :devil:

I'll give it a try. Bring Lou just in case it doesn't work out. :grin: