• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anyone post a picture of Wolverine from Hulk #180

111 posts in this topic

lol

162944329_23a4570b9b_o.jpg

Looks like a first appearance to me. (shrug)

Isn't the first appearance of Darkseid like that? Doesn't his face just appear on a TV screen on like the second to last panel?

yup a lot less than this ... but collectors buy that as his first ???? its just his head also

Yeah, below is all you see. Forever People #1 should be considered the real first app.

photo T2eC16JHJFsFFRcZ8HBRlk5qYSQ60_57_zps2b54a6e0.jpg

I would consider the above a cameo...At best...

What does the label say for Forever People #1? I saw an old CGC label that says "1st Forever People Superman and Darkseid appearance"

Yet, Hulk #181 says "First Full Wolverine Appearance"...

Kind of like Avengers #195 - Should be the First Full Task Master as it is a full page of TM in all his glory but I think #196 gets more of a bump b/c he is on the cover...I don't know how you could classify #195 as anything but a First Full Appearance...

Some of these things are just wonky though I guess...

I have no idea why nerds would pay so much money for a little head. :facepalm:

lol

Isn't the first appearance of Darkseid like that? Doesn't his face just appear on a TV screen on like the second to last panel?

yup a lot less than this ... but collectors buy that as his first ???? its just his head also

Yeah, below is all you see. Forever People #1 should be considered the real first app.

Unfortunately though, it isn't.

The other book was released first. Simples.

I agree about Hulk #180, I think we all do. How the heck is that not Wolverines first appearance?" Cameo be blowed.

It is his first appearance...in cameo. I don't think anyone would call 180 a full appearance. It's a single panel teaser for the next issue.

lol

I would consider the above a cameo...At best...

What does the label say for Forever People #1? I saw an old CGC label that says "1st Forever People Superman and Darkseid appearance"

Yet, Hulk #181 says "First Full Wolverine Appearance"...

Kind of like Avengers #195 - Should be the First Full Task Master as it is a full page of TM in all his glory but I think #196 gets more of a bump b/c he is on the cover...I don't know how you could classify #195 as anything but a First Full Appearance...

Some of these things are just wonky though I guess...

I have no idea why nerds would pay so much money for a little head. :facepalm:

lol

Same thing with Venom. Doesn't he appear in ASM 299 in the last panel? But ASM 300 is the first full appearance.

Wasn't there one in a Web of Spider-Man issue as well?

Basically, Trimpe copied John Romita's original design sketch.

Here's an article with a direct comparison of the two..

http://www.wolverinefiles.com/wolverine-true-origin/

Same thing with Venom. Doesn't he appear in ASM 299 in the last panel? But ASM 300 is the first full appearance.

Wasn't there one in a Web of Spider-Man issue as well?

Just an arm.

lol

Unfortunately though, it isn't.

The other book was released first. Simples.

I agree about Hulk #180, I think we all do. How the heck is that not Wolverines first appearance?" Cameo be blowed.

Thx Shellhead... I've never seen those panels before. The Wolverine appearance is waaaay better than the Darkseid appearance. :)

Below.... Devo Cameo

I like Hulk 180 as a first appearance, whereas I've never felt any motivation to pick up a copy of Jimmy Olsen 134 just for that tiny panel.

I like Hulk 180 as a first appearance, whereas I've never felt any motivation to pick up a copy of Jimmy Olsen 134 just for that tiny panel.

lol yea..... its pretty weak.

The Wolverine panel though.... is pretty strong. He even threatens them with his name :o

stop guys your gonna make people with #181's start to pee

There should be some sort of Offical Comic Guide we could go off of that is put out my industry leaders and have like a tribunal about camel toes and 1st app.

why cant we change the industry for the better !

New 1st darkseid = Forever people 1

New 1st Wolverine = Hulk #180

etc. it seems we all know this but CGC doesn't .... huh go figure

There should be some sort of Offical Comic Guide we could go off of that is put out my industry leaders and have like a tribunal about camel toes and 1st app.

How can Forever People #1 be the first appearance of Darkseid if he has appeared before?

Just because a first appearance is one panel, a cameo, whatever - it doesn't change the fact that it's the first appearance. Hulk #180 has always been and will always be the first Wovie.

The underlying debate has always been which should be worth more - the cameo or the full.

CGC knows it just fine..... it's right there on the label. (shrug)

Hulk180label_zpsb0a63242.jpg

If by make them pee you mean that Hulk 180 will some day be more valuable than Hulk 181, you're obviously smoking crack.

No matter what anyone calls either book, first appearance, cameo, whatever.

The gap may close or widen, but Hulk 180 will never, ever be more valuable than 181.

That's just a fact, jack.

Senormac-Oakman-Norm-Cliff.jpg

Cliff: Hey Norm... I heard that Dice X guy bought 10,000 copies of Hulk #181

Norm: No wonder he can't spring for a round of hops n grains

Senormac-Oakman-Norm-Cliff.jpg

Cliff: Hey Norm... I heard that Dice X guy bought 10,000 copies of Hulk #181

Norm: No wonder he can't spring for a round of hops n grains

Ironically I've only ever bought one copy of Hulk 181 in my life, and I paid 20 cents for it.