• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which should I send my comics to: CGC or PGX ??

46 posts in this topic

The last PGX book I bought was a Golden Age PGX 4.0 that I got on ebay for the minimum bid of $99, and cracked out and resold on ebay as a raw 3.5 for $190 a month later.

I don't know about moderns, but that should illustrate the value of using PGX to slab your GA books.

Bottom line. If you plan to sell your graded books, go with CGC. CGC is definitely the leader in graded comics. PGX is a distant second (and there is no third at this time).

Also, the CGC graded book will likely be worth at least 2-3x more than the same book graded by PGX. This is mostly because a lot of people do not trust PGX's grading standards.

PGX isn't a distant second. Putting your books in mylar is a distant second. PGX isn't even an option.

...but OP, do what you wanna go. I'm sure you'll love PGX. (thumbs u

Bottom line. If you plan to sell your graded books, go with CGC. CGC is definitely the leader in graded comics. PGX is a distant second (and there is no third at this time).

Also, the CGC graded book will likely be worth at least 2-3x more than the same book graded by PGX. This is mostly because a lot of people do not trust PGX's grading standards.

PGX isn't a distant second. Putting your books in mylar is a distant second. PGX isn't even an option.

...but OP, do what you wanna go. I'm sure you'll love PGX. (thumbs u

I'd go with CBGC myself :headbang: . Oh wait you can't it looks like they have already died. :roflmao:

Wasn't PGX a lot better in the past? It seems that the current state of affairs at the encapsulation basement is the worst it's ever been. Serious question.

I am not saying that they were ever good either, just not this terrible.

Wasn't PGX a lot better in the past? It seems that the current state of affairs at the encapsulation basement is the worst it's ever been. Serious question.

I am not saying that they were ever good either, just not this terrible.

That's my impression too. In times past, people have cracked PGX books and submitted them to CGC and posted the results. Typically, I think the grades were similar. I haven't seen anyone do that lately, but it would be interesting to see the outcome.

Hello!

I am getting ready to send about 20 comics for grading, and I am wondering whether to send them to CGC or PGX.

If you're going to grade anything, send it to CGC. PGX has so much baggage (missing restoration on comics, trimmed books not being noted as such, book swaping ) that it's not even worth considering.

I wouldn't submit comics for grading unless they were a slam-dunk 9.4-9.8 (depending on the age of the books). It's hard to make the investment in grading back below those grades unless the book is stupid rare to begin with!

Of course, I don't get books slabbed because it makes them too hard to read... ;)

James.